Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 avensis hidden features?

Options
  • 13-03-2007 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

hi does anyone know if the current 07 avensis has any features not mentioned in the manual, such as auto locking, ie doors lock as you pass 15kph?

or any other stuff.......

cheers.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's a submarine. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Stekelly wrote:
    It's a submarine. :)

good chap!:rolleyes:
    unless you have something informative to add to the post,DONT POST i would recommend that you take up knitting to keep those busy fingers away from the keyboard............

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

what_car wrote:
    good chap!:rolleyes:

Right back at'cha. x 2 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Cut the crap, Stekelly. what_car is right in that these days there are plenty of undocumented (as in not mentioned in the manual) features about

@what_car - you might get better feed back in the nerdy forums dedicated to your make / model. That's where I got all sorts of interesting features uncovered for my car :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

unkel wrote:
    Cut the crap, Stekelly. what_car is right in that these days there are plenty of undocumented (as in not mentioned in the manual) features about

@what_car - you might get better feed back in the nerdy forums dedicated to your make / model. That's where I got all sorts of interesting features uncovered for my car :D

thanks unkel..........will do some research,,,,,,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com

There are plenty of people on there who should know of any.

I think there is one where with a bit of sequenced turning of the keys in the ignition you can set the folding wing mirrors to open and close automatically with the key fob when opening and shutting the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

How long has the current Avensis been on the market?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

the '05 Verso has auto locking...(ie locks the doors after a few mins if not locked, locks them after a few seconds driving)

also has double locks if you press the lock button on the fob twice within 5 sec, so I would imagine the 07 Avensis would have all these features also

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

only UK Verso models (like yours) have auto locking.

The brochure is fairly in-depth OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

We have an 02 one and its "surprise" features are very dissappointing. The most recent hidden feature we discovered was rust. Fixed again by toyota under the anti-corrosion warranty after some stern talking.

The Ford Focus is much better in this regard. Rear wiper comes on when the front wiper is on and you put the car in reverse. 2 cylinders shut down when the car is about to overheat. You can see the true MPH on the dash...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

yea, love the rear wiper thing, only noticed it the other week - was a funny moment :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

maidhc wrote:
    The Ford Focus....... 2 cylinders shut down when the car is about to overheat....

I wonder why they built in this feature :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I personally like the extra little wipe it does a few seconds after you use the window washer, to get rid of the 'drips'.

Not sure whether this is now standard, it wasn't on my '04 Focus C-Max, but there's a trick you can do to set the remote unlocking so that one click only opens the drivers door, and you need a second one to open the remaining passenger doors (and the boot IIRC).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

I wonder why they built in this feature :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am sure at some stage in the cars life it is to be expected it will overheat, or that it will loose coolant, e.g. water pump leak, perished hose, etc etc. If it saves the head, it is a fantastic idea.

Focus radio also automatically adjusts the volume according to the engine RPM/road speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

My diesel Fabia automatically switches the heater to recirculating when you select reverse gear so the fumes don't enter the car.
    Also if you don't open the drivers door within 30seconds of hitting open on the keyfob, it automatically locks all the doors again (handy for when kids are messing with your key fob, not so handy when you're out working on the car and hop in the passenger side only to have the alarm go mad 30seconds later)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Avensis adjusts its stereo volume according to speed too - but it's in the brochure so it doesn't count!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Toyota_Avensis

unkel wrote: »
    you might get better feed back in the nerdy forums dedicated to your make / model. That's where I got all sorts of interesting features uncovered for my car :D

How do you get to a "Nerdy Forum?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

Most of the nerdy Toyota forums are UK based. The Irish ones don't have any equipment so you'll only get your hopes up by talking to them.

Good job resurrecting a 2 year old topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

How do you get to a "Nerdy Forum?"
    Please read the charter and don't resurrect old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement