Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Skipping

Options
  • 12-03-2007 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software problem. I have an Inspiron 1501 for a few months. It's worked fine until now - recently though when playing DVDs there is a slight skip in the audio every 15/20 seconds. This grates the nerves a bit as you might imagine.

Thing is, this happens regardless of whether I use Power DVD or Media Center, so I'm worried it might actually be the drive(?). Just thought I'd ask before I try re-installing the software.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,505 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Bit obvious but you sure its not the physical disc itself? Have you tried it somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

It actually happens with all DVDs, not just one. Now I uninstalled Power DVD and I can't find it on the cds to re-install it! I'll grab it tomorrow at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can try VLC Media Player, its free.

Advertisement