Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&Q for simple project ?

Options
  • 12-03-2007 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I'm looking to get a very very simple desk made up and was told B&Q can probably do it. I'm looking for a corner desk, for putting 2 lcd monitors on. I can't find anything premade I like in the usual places. They are all flimsy things with little space, and useless cabinets.

My plan was to get a 3'4" square piece of wood and simply get it cut in an arc, the radius measuring 3'4", from one corner to the other. Stick 3 legs onto it and it will do the job. Perhaps even take the convex piece of wood and fit it on top or under the larger concave piece of wood to put some weight on the very corner leg to give it a bit o stability.

Is this a stupid idea, will it be completely unstable/ungainly ? What sort of wood should I get and what sort of price would it cost ?

Hope this isn't off topic,
    cheers,
    Gav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I would check out a used office furniture place, you would have more of a choice.
    I don't think your 'desk' would be very supportive just sticking three legs on it. Check out the most basic of tables and you will see that each legs must have some support/ be secured to the table. Sticking a screw through the leg won't do the job. It's usually supported by a 'brace' in your case three lenghts of wood which the top is secured to and the legs and either screwed or glued to. Check out any table and you'll get the idea.

Advertisement