Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Carney for Munster ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Peter O'Reilly made reference to this deal yesterday in The Times without actually naming Carney. Will be interesting to see what he can do in Union.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

he could be good, winger is the one position I think the transition is easy for..

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

hows his form been recently? haven't seen him play since the Britain vs Aussie series he was involved in

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

crybaby wrote:
    hows his form been recently? haven't seen him play since the Britain vs Aussie series he was involved in

he 'retired' earlier on in the season after moving clubs so hasn't been playing at all..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

without being boastfull, i think i predicted this possible move awhile back -- Carney trying to get into an excellent Ireland squad , in World Cup year .
    Apparently he went to Clongowes so he must have a good grasp of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

He didn't play that much Union at school. But he's familiar with the game obviously, Union was his first point of contact with rugby (Ireland not really a League stronghold). He hardly took the conventional route to where he is, but his pace and aggression could be very exciting to see.

He will be a dangerous open field runner...and how many of those do Munster have?

It might take time to get him fit. He has been doing some training since leaving Australia but I'm not sure how intense.

I'm damn excited by this :) I'll be gutted if he signs back into League.

Advertisement