Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Poker Tournament in Co. Kildare... Take 2

Options
  • 12-03-2007 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

1. Who is running the event :DA Tournaments

2. The purpose of the event : commercial

3. Date and Location of event: Ardenode Hotel in Ballymore Eustace Co Kildare- about 10 mins from naas. The date for this event will be posted in the next few days ( some time either in the last week in April or the first week in May.

4. Registration and Start time of event: Again posted in a few days

5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc): No

6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.) : Tickets can be pre-booked by contacting me for your early bird additioinal chips or else tickets bought at the door. This is a first come first served tournament with maximum seating for 175 persons.

7. Type of Tournament : No limit holdem poker with one rebuy or one topup.

8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups : €100 entry and €50 rebuys/top-ups.

9. Cost of registration: None

10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund : Min 85%

11. Any guarenteed prize pool : of yet no but after some feedback and ticket sales we will be able to announce a guaranteed prize pool. We are confident of getting in excess of €10000 in a guaranteed prize pot.

12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels: 1 rebuy up until the first break or one top up at the break

13. Starting Chips: 10000 chips

14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts: 10000 chips

15. Blind levels

16. Blind timeframes: blind level will be >30 mins depending on the final turnout.

17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc) : top 10% of field will get paid- 61 = 6, 67= 7. Other prizes will also be distrubuted at the final stages of the tournament.

18. Are there going to be dealers - There will be dealer for the final table

19. Will there be a documented list of rules - yes

20. Is there a tournament director - yes
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say - me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Poker organiser

This is the first time we are setting a tournament in this area and the reason for this forum along with others is to get a rough estimate of the number of players attending so we can set a guarantee closer to the date. It always at attracts more players when you are able to guarantee say €10000 so please leave a comment about whether you will make it or not or about the tournament and i will gladly get back to you.

Kind Regards,

Darrell

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Apart from the self deal aspect this looks like a good event to play so good luck with it.

I won't be playing as I am a snob over self deal and pub games in general, but I hope it goes well for you. Have you done flyers in the local areas and surrounding towns? This will increase exposure and seems to work for cowboys like CPT, so no reason it won't for you.

Advertisement