Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 6000 having trouble starting

Options
  • 11-03-2007 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

My father's Dell laptop (Inspiron 6000, bought Dec 2005) is displaying the message "Loading PBR 2. . .done" when it is switched on but does not go any further than this message. Pressing enter, spacebar, escape, ctrl+alt+del is useless, anybody have any ideas what's gone wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

Doesnt sound too good, PBR stands for Partition Boot Record I think. If it does, could mean one of your partitions is corrupted. Most dells have a dell restore function, have never used it myself but its basically a reformat to factory settings. Or you could reformat it yourself if you have an os install disk. Dont know if theres much you could do otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

PBR stands for Primary Boot Record,indicating that its found and past the machines recovery partition and skipped over it to your XP partition,there is a problem with your main OS partition on the hard drive it would appear.

Advertisement