Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing colours following sleep or meditation.

Options
  • 11-03-2007 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to shed some light on what I have been experiencing recently! I decided to take on the Reiki 1 initiation a few weeks ago, in which I had a couple of months to prepare for myself-through meditation, and self-healing. The main reason for this undertaking is in the long-term to help heal others, but for the moment to help heal myself, as I sometimes suffer from bouts of severe pms or pmdd.
    In the couple of months leading up to the initiation, and after the initation (with increasing severity) I have been waking up in the night from deep sleep often in a very paranoid (for no particular reason) state. I am a very down to earth person, and of course would be very reluctant to share this kind of information publicly-but I am feeling at a total loss here, and don't really know the right venue to get information on what I'm experiencing. From my own knowledge of Reiki, it is inherently good, and so I'm not so sure it has much to do with the Reiki, but perhaps something to do with the meditation and self-work I have been doing? When I wake up from the sleep I find that I see colours in front of my eyes at a much stronger tone than during meditation(with meditation, or when recieving Reiki would see clouds and blots of blues, greens, violets etc), whereas after deep sleep it would be geometric type patterns vibrating at a very fast rate, and in neon colours.
    The paranoia that would often come when waking from sleep in the middle of the night, remains to be unexplained, but feels almost as if (for lack of better words) a very angry, very bad entity is in the room with me.
    After doing some research on pms and pmdd it would seem that this paranoia could be routed in the disorder, but still I feel compelled to ask has anyone else experienced this? And is it possible that it is not just the medical symptoms of pmdd? And if anyone that practises Reiki could tell me, when in deep sleep, is the chakra system left open, or could it naturally open due to the relaxation?
    If anyone could give me any of their insights or thoughts on any of that (hopefully not the ramblings of a girl losing her mind!), I would be very grateful.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 alliekatt

No, you aren't crazy. I was Reiki attuned a good while back and it simply explained the experience.

What you are experiencing is a direct karmic thread telling you that there is hostility in your direct environment which needs to be addressed, avoided, or worked to your advantage. (Entities to me appear as quick bright sparks of colour in a variety, usually a vibrant bright purple/red/white. Or, a vibrant green.) But a karmic thread happens upon awakening very frightened, for me it was a bright red glow on the opposite wall that was unquestionably real. It often took up to 10 minutes for it to fade. When someone is angry or hates us for some reason, they can far more easily project themselves onto you in just the same way as someone who is in love with you. Unless there is a hostile entity bound to the house you're living in, which if you did not pick up on the moment of arriving is probably not the case...plus, it is very difficult for them to generate colours.

Fortunately, now that I am overseas, they are gone. Distance is an excellent healer against psychic attack. The ONLY time I had such a night after moving here is when I sent a threatening letter to a sister in law who was trying to severely interfere in my family life the way that only a psychotic, indulged, bitter Irish female can. I nipped her in the butt fast, but I got left with a pile of psychic garbage and simply had to wait it out, while she ran in circles biting herself in the arse until the family simply tuned her out. (I win!! :) Negativity is never good, but sometimes striking is necessary to psychically protect you and yours. I never was bitter toward people and never focus hate in the long-term, but when I quickly strike to protect myself (and in my mind, game over, that's that...but not to the original offender!!), I am immediately under siege. Sometimes for a VERY long time depending on what the offender is protecting. Believe me, I was on the recieving end of a protracted criminal conspiracy within an occult community (like I was many years ago in the US) you get used to it. There is a point where if someone hates you and you are simply minding your own, the warning light you get for a karmic thread does not become your enemy, but rather your friend. And when that happens, you are one gigantic step closer to deserving real power in the world. And understand that the source could be little more than a co-worker who is extremely jealous of your good fortune and is hiding it, and of course we as clueless, idealistic, heal-the-world people have no clue that someone hates our guts. Unfortunately, accepting that someone will hate us for no logical reason is part of building a shell of protective compassion.

If you are experiencing karmic threads then there is someone alive who , whether or not it is your responsibility or fault, (it often isn't) is focusing a large chunk of concentrated rage and anger toward you, and is possibly enacting protective/offensive energy against you. Because of human nature, you cannot be blamed for this as the person's reasons for it are quite often totally bogus and based entirely in self-preservation of the ego rather than the family or resources, ie what's really worth protecting. But whether they're valid reasons or not, someone is angry/jealous/etc etc. and you need to create a plan of avoidance, action, or proactive manipulation in the case of that person having more resources or worldly power.

Your best bet would be to, before you put up protection, source the one who is projecting onto you and THEN put up protection. If you get attacked enough times, there will be serious blockages appearing in your Chi which will translate as illnesses. Mine was explosive weight gain; although I did not change my eating habits, I gained a massive amount of weight for no reason. It turned out that Western medicine has an explanation for it as well; stress causes the release of cortisol and the body to pack on belly fat at a gigantic rate. But the original cause is simple: when you are attacked, the chi that flows down the centre of your body is interrupted, and the organs LOCATED in the centre of your body begin to suffer: your thyroid, your heart, your pancreas, your stomach, your bronchial passage and your pineal gland. What did I suffer from for the last seven years, until I started seeking acupuncture therapy? low thyroid, high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, acid reflux, bronchitis and ... well, let's just say I switched off my sensitivity to the unseen world.

As a Reiki practitioner you may love healing whenever you can, but you owe it to yourself to protect the patch of ground you walk on, the family you love, the living you earn, and most especially the body you inhabit. You are getting attacked by a hostile and very likely a living entity, and now that you are Reiki attuned you are being warned of it by your own best friend, reality itself. It is now up to you, to guide your attuned nature toward the best solution whether it is disappearance, redirection of energies, or being reticent where you normally would have been outspoken or helpful. The best solution for you is to guide reality to work in your favor, and the karmic thread is just one that weaves into the fabric of reality; you are being given the chance to wield it. And then, simply mind taking care of your health so you can continue to work in healing.

Rev. Alliekatt
    [/FONT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ellie123

hi,
    Are you still experiencing this or has it died down? It sounds like psychic attack alright. I'm at Reiki master level (though we're never really
    a master of reiki!), and i've had clients who have experienced it as well as being through it myself.
    Unfortunately it can happen and while I don't like getting into the source of it with people, the important thing for me is to protect myself from the possibility of it happening again. And so, every night I ask Archangel Michael to place 4 angels on the 4 corners of the building so that nothing of any harm can enter, I also protect my aura (again Archangel Michael) and I put on St Michaels grid. Nothing, absolutely nothing can penetrate this armour of protection.
    You probably would of covered protection on your level 1 course, but if you haven't let me know and I can send you some information on it.

Its not something that you have to put up with, especially as it seems that you're coming into a very special time with your own healing and spirituality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Maybe you should post this in the 'Science' forum and seek an explaination there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

DaveMcG clearly the op wants this type of input or they would not have posted in this forum.
    Maybe you should respect thier decision.

I don't know if you're addressing this to me but I havent' gotten any attacks for a long time, my tactics of self-defense were similar to yours later on, but at the outset when things were the worst I chose to completely shut off spirituality in favor of mechanistic ontology, which set responsibility for intention right back on the shoulders of anyone who wished me ill, and made me 100% responsible for myself and my own actions and reactions to stimuli. In light of the situation it was my only defense because otherwise I would have been a rowboat in a hurricane. People were dying right and left in the name of interpretations of power, and I grooved right past everyone by choosing to make it all an empty and meaningless battle of wills among self-indulged, playacting goths living a storybook of reality instead of reality itself. That's one way to survive psychic attack on a large scale, but when it died down I realised that my own defenses took a battering that I merely absorbed as unacknowledged stress. I have crept back into spirituality and healing on very careful feet, because one manifestation of the unseen tells me that an empty and meaningless universe is not the reality; and with that realisation I can never use the lead bulkhead of disbelief as a defense again. When I started putting my greater spiritual reality together and into perspective, I realised this was the case; and started using angelic protections as well. But the reason I suggest sourcing psychic attack before blocking it, is that it can do us a world of good if we know who it is and can direct healing energy if not to them, then to our relationship to them. There has been only one person whose actions in my past have been beyond unforgivable and who I refused to heal; and humans that genuinely evil are rare indeed. Most of the rest of them who attack psychically are just sick, and cannot sustain it for long unless mental illness gives them that ability. Your angelic protection is more than ample for just about anyone and is an excellent remedy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ellie123

Sorry I meant that response to "only_me". Am new to forums and should of realised how it worked. Sincere apologies if I came across offensive in any way. I actually didn't read your entry and was just replying to the originator of the discusion.

Ellie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 only_me

Thanks for the advice, I'm still trying to make sense of the whole thing, but will definately take the asking for protection into mind. You've all been a great help!! :D

Just another question (maybe this should be another thread?), any ideas on what the geometric signs and symbols are? They show up now during meditation, and I'm amazed at it...but would love to know what it is, or what they might mean, or where they're coming from!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Hello :)

You may be aware of this: nothing exists outside of you. All perceived attack on you, be it psychic or otherwise, is self-attack that you have chosen, consciously or not, to project onto someone else. Allowing yourself to perceive someone attacking you gives you the opportunity to project guilt onto them and also for you to feel like a victim. Ultimately it all comes back to your choice of reality and how you deal with you self-attack. No one is exempt from this and we all do it all the time. There are a multitude of variations to the above statement, I just chose a common one (attack, guilt, victimhood).

It has amazed me over the years the amount of nonsense I project onto others and still do. To blame others is a very sly trick of the mind to avoid dealing with your deeper issues of guilt, fear, lack, etc. It's especially obvious in an intimate relationship.

The decision to heal yourself that you have made is no small thing. You have made a step that few healers make before they start healing others. Opening yourself up to healing brings forth many more challenges for you to deal with so that you can heal faster. It's not that none of those fears were not there before but that you are now becoming aware of them, things can get pretty grim looking :) What helps me is not to take myself too seriously and be safe in the knowledge that I cannot truly be harmed.

I know nothing about pmdd, not one iota :) From the women I have talked to regarding their emotional state and it's link to their cycle there seems to be a link between the amount of pain they experience and their comfort with being a woman. This is exceptionally general and might have no value to you and I have no first hand knowledge of this as I am a man (this time around;). If you enter your meditation with the intention of seeing your male and female sides and seeing how they interact with each other. See each one on it's own first, how does he/she look, clothes, weapons?, race, age, big, small, etc. Observe the emotional state of each, know them. Then, when you feel ready, allow them both to meet and observe their interaction without getting in the way. Now help them see the beauty in the other, do what ever feels right to you, you can't go wrong that way, from the heart. When I first did this I saw what a nut-case I really was by the way :)

:)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 only_me

I think you could be onto something there Nick! Everyone has to re-evalutate their own life experiences when healing yourself, and obviously it's a life process, but ever since I have consciously began it, it keeps coming up time, and time again-the issue of vitimhood, and trying to end thought patterns of blame, and feeling victimised, because it just creates a cycle that's of no help to anyone! So I'd definately take that on board, cheers!!

MeatProduct: I disagree on one level, and that is one simple level: the entire universe consists of other people. The fact of the matter is, all of us need to learn personal responsibility and take responsibility for our interpretations of reality, and I don't disagree with you there. HOWEVER, other people very much do have the ability to affect the fabric of reality in such a way as to cause harm to others. It can either be by pointing a real gun at someone, or a social gun, or a spiritual gun; and you cannot interpret another person's interpretation of what's going on with the words 'is' and 'are' as absolutes...your 'is' is not my 'is', and in my 'is' you are not allowed to overlay it on and discredit my direct, real experiences with statements of absolutes. I know what I have seen and directly experienced, and it has been backed up by witnesses and participants.

Just because you have never seen a ghost doesn't mean they don't exist. If you are not a psychic sensitive, then you are lucky not to have your mental walls being battered by the selfish, desperate human nature of all the independent entities who live outside of you; relieved by the select few who actually are as self-referral, independent and healthy as you desire to be.

However, your lucky blindness to it does not mean that projection, manifestation and recieving of manifestation does not exist!

It simply means that someone who chooses your above interpretation and is relieved by it, in the initial was far more likely to be giving too much significance to their own brain garbage (a very, very common side effect of beginning meditation) ...then faced with a definition of real psychic attack (mine) that has been realised not to sufficiently apply to the situation. In light of that, your input would be an extreme relief. There are far too many victims in the world, and victimhood is not a state of being which does any good. I had to make sure that state of mind never entered my reality...which is tough when someone else has the specific intent of hurting you in order to cover up and shut you up about their criminal activities. There is a big difference between being a past victim and a present victim. A past victim heals and a present victim still suffers. So you cannot assume I am the unhealthy sort who continues to suffer and blame as your post inferred. Blame is pointless; but responsibility is golden, and when we take responsibility for everything we do and allow to happen in our lives, we cannot be a victim in the present sense. But learning from the past is the purpose of all memory, and to have a point of reference for what is truly healthy.

Both of you are extremely lucky and hopefully will never have the same experience, ever, ever.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Hello Alliekatt,

My apologies if it seemed like I was singling anyone out. I understand your views. It is not the case that I have been free from someone elses attack or indeed psychic attack, it was those attacks that helped me deeply understand the comments I made in the above post. Absolutely there are others in our reality, and they most certainly do have their own crap and projections going on and since I've started sorting out more and more of my internal mess the less those people interract with me and my life. Also, when one is more at peace with oneself then the less he/she can see the attack from another even though that person might be attacking them with a knife!! What is lying under the attack is fear, that's more true than the attack itself, however, on a deeper level, both the attack and the fear are as unreal as the other, since they are both invented by the mind from missperception and separatedness.

Ultimately, if one is completely at peace with oneself then there is no attack on the level of truth. That's what I'm getting at Alliekatt. You said "you cannot interpret another person's interpretation of what's going on", I agree. You can only change your interpretation whether to see it as an attack or not regardless of whether or not your conditioning forces you to accept that that person is attacking you with a knife! This is all very impractical however and very hard to put into practice. I assume your heard of "A Course in Miracles", I study that every day, it's a profound text.

Nick

Advertisement