Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some MAJOR SPOILERS from Paley Fest [** MAJOR SPOILERS.. DUHH!! **]

Options
  • 11-03-2007 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭

From Aint It Cool News

(ignore the atrocious spelling and grammar, and the fact the guy can't even spell 'Heroes')
    Here’s a bit of scoop from Saturday night’s “Heroes” presentation:

Straight from the HEROS panel at Paleyfest in Hollywood. They showed a scene from the next new batch of Heros eps.

****SPOILER WARNING*********.

Linderman is explaining that he is responsible for the nuke explosion to come in NYC, and that the reason is the resultant crisis will unite the rest of the world! He alludes to having a power, being part of a earlier group who were doing good deeds, but later fell apart; some of them becoming the cabal we've seen so far. He also feels he's doing the world a favor. Of course, this is Ozmandius' reason for the faked NYC alien attack & a-bomb in Watchmen. Can all of the Heros writers not be aware of this major plot point from Watchmen? And, If that film ever gets made, would it force them to change the ending, since Heros has now used the same idea? Hayden P, by the way, looked amazing, and was very funny throughout, as they all were. (almost everyone was there except Ando & Syler.) What do you think?

I haven't read the Watchmen.. but i do know it's Zach Synder (of the much anticipated '300' and the 'Dawn of The Dead' remake fame) next film planned for a 2008 release.

Any comic book (or should i say 'graphic novel') readers care to comment on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

basquille wrote:
    I haven't read the Watchmen.. but i do know it's Zach Synder (of the much anticipated '300' and the 'Dawn of The Dead' remake fame) next film planned for a 2008 release.

Any comic book (or should i say 'graphic novel') readers care to comment on this?

If you havent read Watchmen I would suggest you pick it up. Even if you are not a fan of comics and graphic novels this is a really great read. I dont want to comment anymore than to say that it would be very close to events in the book if this was to happen. Seriously pick up a copy it will only be around 20 euro and is arguably the best superhero story ever told. If you do want to spoil it for yourself then: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozymandias_%28comics%29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

....That's a ridiculously massive Watchmen spoiler. ****s sake.

(The Heroes one doesn't bother me as much ^^; )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Yeah, you wouldn't want to be prepared for a heroes spoiler and then BAM Watchmen spoiler in yo face!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Yeah thats why I didnt want to say too much in my post and just post a link for anyone who wants to spoil Watchmen. Actually thinking about it now if you hadnt read Watchmen it would pretty much ruin the book for you.

Maybe the thread title should be modified to say it also includes spoilers for Watchmen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

lmao

*calls the Haiitian around for some memory removal*

• Advertisement
Advertisement