Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maison

Options
  • 11-03-2007 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Sorry for another thread here but I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on the Maison brand of guitars. I found an old electric from years ago in my brothers room - haven't a clue what model it is but I do have the serial number (but that can't tell anything, right?). It's in good condition and so I decided to see how much it was worth...I'm guessing about 50 quid because it was probably a budget electric when he bought it. I only found this site http://www.yoojin.com/ which is copywrighted back to 1998. Looked through the pictures and none of them seem to be the model that looks like mine. Did they stop making guitars? Haven't seen any Maisons in any guitar shops. I know I'm not meant to ask how much it is worth but really I'm just looking for info on Maison and not my guitar itself. (But if anyone has any idea how much it is worth, do let me know!) ;)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Nevermind it's not worth anything! Isn't working when I plug it in. Still any info would be great.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

From what I can find, they're cheapy copys of good guitars. Like AXL, Stagg etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Theyre japanese AFAIK from the 80's... I saw a guy with a Maison acoustic, was absolutely gorgeous, all solid maple/mahogany (i think), had a nice vine style abalone inlay too.. he said he paid about £150 for it 20yrs ago. Although i dont think the electrics are great tbh. Post pics

Yeah the acoustics on they're site look pretty nice. I'm annoyed it doesn't work now..I dunno what it sounds like. It's probably awful but it doesn't look too bad. I presume it's the pickups that don't work? I've attached a couple of pics...they're not great but you can see what it's like. It's a strat copy - haven't a clue about any details. Nice looking though! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Bunblebee music used to stock this range when they were in the fairyhouse markets. I had a goldtop les paul from them and sold a blue superstrat on here before. Respectable enough put together budget guitar but worth changing the pickups for any long term use.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bratach Bán

Cool top-loading bridge. You don't see enough of them. Nice looking guitar, too.

For the price of new pickups (or whatever fixing up needs to be done), it's not worth it cos it'll only sell for like 50quid. So whats the funnest thing I can do to a guitar that I'm not gonna use.....? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

i've the pickguard assembly from an '87 squire strat,your welcome to it if you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bratach Bán

For the price of new pickups (or whatever fixing up needs to be done), it's not worth it cos it'll only sell for like 50quid. So whats the funnest thing I can do to a guitar that I'm not gonna use.....? :D

Keep it! Never throw out anything - parts are always useful to have. I have a parts box full of random crap - old tuners, a couple of bridges, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Sorry for reviving this very old thread but do you still have this guitar by any chance?
    It's exactly like my first electric.

• Advertisement
Advertisement