Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much money for SE Asia

• 10-03-2007 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hey, Im just doing a bit of research at the minute. Im looking to go on your typical working holiday to Oz/ New Zealand probably around june '08. I am thinking about doin a bit of travelling through SE Asia before I move on to Oz for about 2-3 months. Basically im just wondering, from people that have done this route before, what kind of budget you have gone to SE Asia on. I was thinkin of having €4000 to cover me during that time and also to do me until I get to Oz. Is that kind of money realistically going to do me for 2-3 months? I realise its each person to their own and that some would spend more than others but i would be interested in hearing other peoples opinions from experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Bobon wrote:
    Hey, Im just doing a bit of research at the minute. Im looking to go on your typical working holiday to Oz/ New Zealand probably around june '08. I am thinking about doin a bit of travelling through SE Asia before I move on to Oz for about 2-3 months. Basically im just wondering, from people that have done this route before, what kind of budget you have gone to SE Asia on. I was thinkin of having €4000 to cover me during that time and also to do me until I get to Oz. Is that kind of money realistically going to do me for 2-3 months? I realise its each person to their own and that some would spend more than others but i would be interested in hearing other peoples opinions from experience.

€4K is more than plenty for as long as 3 months. No question.

You can live fairly well (decent accomodation, beers every night) on €200 a week. Occasionally there is extra expense such as flights in the region or other things such as bungee jump that would increase cost but these are rare enough. So budget for 250 a week just to make sure.

So at 250 a week, that's 250 x 13 = 3250 for the 3 months.

But always aim higher so bring the 4k and live comfortably with never having to worry about finances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

Thanks Kraggy, thats a relief. Was talkin to a person I know who told me he spent 3000 euro in a month in SE Asia. Don't ask me how. Thanks for the info:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I had €20 a day so you definitely have enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Absolut

I'm budgeting €25 a day for a 3 month trip this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

€4k will give you a pretty comfortable time there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Just spent 5 months there, E1000 a month and you will be living it up, nice rooms with fridge/Tv.....

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭shakeydude

My girlfriend and I are back after 9 months and I would reccommend to keep a budget, if we hadnt I'd say we would have been back after a month:D . Also by being in a couple you are less likely to spend your money on the razzle, which even though it is cheap in SEA it will impact on your budget.
    We basically each spent
    SEA €30 a day
    Oz & NZ €45 a day

Advertisement