Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four years today!

Options
  • 10-03-2007 10:05am

Quit smoking four years ago today! Was reminded by a friend who has a birthday today, so she remembered. :D

In one way it doesn't seem like four years, in another way the 'smoking' me was a different person a long time ago.

Best of luck to all the quitters. It can be done, you just need to get it straight in your head and that's 99 per cent of the work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭massplanck

;)

I look forward to the day that i can say that.

well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Two Years Today for me :) and I have to agree with what you say FavouriteSlave, doesn't seem like 2 years yet I can't associate myself with having been a smoker beyond knowing that I used to smoke. Of all the times I "gave up" prior, this time I spent time "getting it straight in my head" before hand, and it really really made the difference..., its really the difference between "give up" and "quit"...

... basically I looked at my habit, my life before smoking, the early days of my habit (smoking a few a day), and then the last number of years where I needed to smoke 20 just to enjoy 1 or 2 a day (I smoked for 12 years in total). The realisation that I couldn't have 1 or 2 a day without having another 18 or 19 just to fill the gap really opened my mind to the whole thing, and how bad my relationship with cigarettes were...

... and I know it may sound silly, but I'm really proud of having quit.

to anyone that is thinking of quitting - to quote FavouriteSlave - get it straight in your mind first - that's 99% of it...

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

dazberry wrote:
    and I know it may sound silly, but I'm really proud of having quit.

Not silly at all - it's a big achievement and you're entitled to feel proud.
    Well done to you both! :)

I hope threads like this are encouraging for others trying to quit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭g-punkteffekt

I know people that smoke one cigarette on their giving up anniversary every year. Tempted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

Congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I know people that smoke one cigarette on their giving up anniversary every year. Tempted?
    Why would you be tempted after quitting...the whole point is to stop.
    Your still smoking, albeit once a year...I dont think theres such a thing as one cigarette really.

Advertisement