Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sillicon IX

Options
  • 09-03-2007 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Just to give you guys a brief run down on the RPGs being played at Sillicon - hopefully one catches your eye and gets you to come along :)

[Heavy Gear] Bad Day In The Badlands
    TN1933 SUMMER 25

I knew it was bad when they told me it was an easy job.

The plan is perfect. The team is perfect. In three days, they say, we'll hit Peace River so hard people will feel it all the way to Port Arthur.Nothing, they say, can go wrong.

Tomorrow I meet the rest of the perfect team, and find out what the perfect plan is.

Then I do my best to break it.

[D20 Orkified] Razgob's Heroes
    Da ladz of da 'many-many-lots' battlewagon mob has gots demselfs sum fungus brew over in dere camp. Problem is da hummies have gone and got in da way.

Not a problem fer Razgob's Heroes! 'Cept da trukk broke down and da boss just took one inna face.

Der's only one question in yer 'ead : 'o's da biggest now?

[Serenity] Shadows Fall
    The bloodiest battles of the Unification War were yet to be fought, yet it was at the Battle of Shadow that the fortunes of the Independent Forces began to turn bitter. Pinned down and cut off by a heavy Alliance presence in the system, the few remaining Independent cells on the planet sat tight, waiting for reinforcements to break through the blockade. For over a week they waited, with neither sign of invasion nor rescue . merely the unbroken silence of the Alliance sentinels in orbit, like a slumbering giant.

Until one day the giant awoke...

Then the bombs started to fall.

[Call of Cthulhu] The Ballerina
    Excerpt from the Log of the Dockmaster of Boston Harbour, Winter, 1923

It has been over a day since that tub came into port, straight out of the fog, silent as death. We're still waiting for them to disembark, whoever they are. Noone seems to recognise the markings on the hull. We've radioed them, requested identification, still no response. I've yet to find a man around the docks willing to set foot on that thing, and I'm not planning on going in alone. I've called on some old friends of mine. Intellectuals and the like. People who have interest in this sort of thing. They'll be here soon. Its not like I need them, its just that, theres something about this big ol tub that unsettles me...

[D&D 3.5] - The Insidious Seven
    One hundred years ago, the town of Pelorswood was threatened with destruction by an unknown enemy. Fortunately, there were some heroes around, as there tends to be in these situations, and the town was saved. In the aftermath of the battle, a vast fortune in finely-crafted weaponry was gathered up by the townspeople and locked away in a hidden location, for use by future heroes. Now, a century later, the town is...actually, not threatened at all, unless you count job security. But doesn't it sound like a scam just waiting to be pulled?

[OGL Horror] - Con of Cthulhu
    Everyone knows that there's something about Cthulhu that gamers just can't resist but it's a lesser known fact that The Great Deep One has quite a taste for gamers himself. As crazed cultists try to fulfil Cthulhu's eldritch hungers it's your job to survive and maybe even save the day.

[World of Darkness] - Welcome to the House of Fun
    You don't know what's going on. You're locked in a house you've never seen before, with people you've never seen before and seriously strange things are starting to happen. You all arrived here for different reasons and the only thing you seem to have in common is that you're being lied to. At least, that's what they say.

[Warhammer Fantasy] - The Rivers Toll
    "...and so our valiant band of Knights came to a vast marshy land. After days of travel they found themselves at a fork in the road. Some local lord had decided to display his justice here and nailed an outlaw to the trunk of a rotten tree. His arms now pointed out the Knights choices. As the gallant lords stopped to ponder their way the outlaw spoke thusly "I would advise against the path of my left arm". The good knights were taken aback by this and promptly ran the vile knave through for speaking so improperly to his betters. As they set off down the right path they left happy, knowing no other travellers would be so assailed..."

And there are more to follow! Full details of the con can be found at http://sillicon.redbrick.dcu.ie

Advertisement