Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilco's - Sky Blue Sky - is "Out in the Wild !"

Options
  • 08-03-2007 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

Yes I know its not out till end of May but ..its now out in music blog land. They had a advanced preview stream on their site for one night only. Which could have been captured ,but this leak is of a very high standard.They may have done it themselves as in the past.

As for the album ,,change of sound its back to the early days like "Being There". The Experimental edge has been rained in ,, Jeff's vocals are well up front in the mix .with the others in the band laying down a real laid back 70's US Rock with that clean and clear production sound .

The solo tour of Jeff looks to of had a big effect on this album...with its real laid back night time vibe.

Getting a bit of a "Abbey Road" with "Blood on the Tracks " feel off it !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

sweet, being there is probably my all-time favourite album

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

If you like being there it's probably for you, i can't make up my mind yet about it. It remind me of the band in places and the guitar in parts is either awesome/over the top. I like the progression again and not willing to make the same album twice. I love Jeff and the boys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

does jim o rourke have anything to do with this album or is he gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

He is Listed as a Producer on wiki , but the experimental influence he has had on the band is not as clear as with the last two albums.
    “ I think people may have an idea in their head about what it will sound like, but it's going to be different than that. Jeff had a lot of creative fire. And also, the way we recorded was so cool because a lot of the arrangements just grew right there with everybody sitting around. I'm over the moon about it. I think it will be a really beautiful record. It's a great time to be in Wilco. ”
    —Bassist John Stirratt, in a Billboard interview.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Blue_Sky

Advertisement