Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubgy game for the PC

Options
  • 08-03-2007 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I've realized that there are days in between Six Nations matches when no rugby occurs. This is bothering me.

Can anyone recommend a good rugby game for the PC? I have a demo of EA Rugby 2004. Has a new version came out? Otherwise I might have to start read Russian classics again...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

EA Rugby 2006 is the best, it's a straight conversion from the console one.

The squads are horribly out of date, even when it was released, but it is still the best Rugby game ever made, with all the tournies, including Lions Tours

EA Rugby 2007 might not even be released, more than likely a Rugby 08 game around the RWC time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jimbredin

theres a pc version of jonah lomu rugby. never played it myself but the ps1 version is an absolute classic, which by coincidence i just bought on ebay for old times sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Lomu is crap, even Rugby Challenge is a better game.

zabbo wrote:

You take that back! Lomu was so much fun

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Lomu was great. When you won the World Cup and got a team full of Lomu's to play with, that was pretty funny.

I've got a copy of Pro Rugby Manager 2005 which looks ok haven't really played it. Management sim but you can watch matches and control some of the action like go wide or kick for touch. PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

zabbo wrote:

Lomu rugby just for the quotes in game alone - "like cattle in a shunting yard" - classic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

zabbo wrote:
    I will cut you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Lomu on the PS1 was indeed a classic! What was the button for hand-offs again? R2 was it? We'd play against cr@p teams such as Spain and give the ball to Lomu then R2 like crazy all the way to the line! I can still here the sound "Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh!". Great game it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Steibhin

Thank you for all your suggestions thus far. So follow up question... Where's the best place in Dublin to buy computer games? Will probably go for EA 2006.

PS: Lomu is the pacman of rugby games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Steibhin wrote:
    PS: Lomu is the pacman of rugby games.
    Beautiful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Quake tbh.:D

I've found every rugby game to be ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Nukem wrote:
    Lomu rugby just for the quotes in game alone - "like cattle in a shunting yard" - classic

My favourites:

At a ruck
    "He's digging in like a demented mole" - Mclaren

After a tackle
    "Mercy me that ought to put him in ward 4" - Bill McLaren
    "I hope not Bill that's a maternity ward" - Bill Beumont

Oh how we laughed.

Lomu on the PS1 was indeed a classic! What was the button for hand-offs again? R2 was it? We'd play against cr@p teams such as Spain and give the ball to Lomu then R2 like crazy all the way to the line! I can still here the sound "Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh!". Great game it was!

It was r1 and r1 together, duh!

It was r1 and r2 together, duh!

Advertisement