Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Targa Laptop - Lidl

Options
  • 08-03-2007 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

So who bought one.

I picked one up today in Blanch for €999. They had 3 for sale.

Looking forward to toying around with it tonite. Also picked up the 250 gig hard drive.

So anyone else pick one up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Picked one up in killarney this morning.Only 3 their also.Its a great machine.Signed up for vista upgrade straight away.All is working well except for the tv signal.I cant get a good signal.Any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

didnt notice the vista upgrade option must look in to that when I get home.
    Its a nice laptop alright - was liking the remote we got for media centre

My previous laptop was a Targa aswell and I never bothered to use the Tv antenna primarily because of the poor reception in Ireland and lack of free to air channels.

In Germany they have loads of free to air channels so I can see why it is worthwhile over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

is the tv card in the laptop dvb-t? if so its no use to you unless you live in a certain area in dublin where they are having dvb-t trials for the next 18 months. We might have dvb-t nationwide by about 2099 judging by how slow the government are with regards to technology.

is the tv card in the laptop dvb-t? if so its no use to you unless you live in a certain area in dublin where they are having dvb-t trials for the next 18 months. We might have dvb-t nationwide by about 2099 judging by how slow the government are with regards to technology.

What areas in Dublin are they running those trials??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Three Rock transmitter only in Dublin. Also, Clermont Cairn in Louth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

It has a dvb-t but also an analogue tunes.It is hard to get a good signal.You have to keep moving the antennae

tried mine out last night picked up on the late late show but reception was crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

FWIW these are re-badged MSI L735 Megabooks per the BIOS

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Out of interest, whats the spec on these laptops?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I bought a Targa laptop....bought 2 years ago when they had a deal on...worked fine for 6 months then a lot of problems...several times it was collected and returned to me as their warranty is only pickup and return. Eventually I got a full refund from Lidl (only after Targa sent a cheque to my local branch) but it was a lot of hassle as all the problems we hardware related.Just thought I'd sour the mood :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement