Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paypal verification email

Options
  • 08-03-2007 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi,

I just got an email from paypal (verify@initl.paypal.com)saying an attempt was made to access my account from a foreign ip recently and it gave me a link to verify my account,

http://djek.toya.net.pl/https/www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/login.html

is this ovbiously and attempt to get me to input my credit card details as the toya.net part is weird,

or does this actually seem legit, i think not but maybe i'm wrong and i should verify my account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Noooo. it couldnt be. or could it.

Ohhh the wondrs of teh interweb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

It's on Paypal's site that they will NEVER email you to verify your account. Obviously this is not legit and I wouldn't go inputting card details anywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't go near it, forward to email to spoof@paypal.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

no i just checked it from the new explorer and it came up as a reported phishing website so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

Ruu wrote:
    Don't go near it, forward to email to spoof@paypal.com.

done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

They'll get back to you (usually in a few hours) and tell you to delete the email. If ever in doubt about an email, ignore it and login to your Paypal account. If there's an important message it will be clear and visible in there.

Advertisement