Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope

Options
  • 08-03-2007 4:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭

What is the scope of this board expected to be? Aerosexuals only or everything from kerbside to airside?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Anything to do with, is my view.

If we narrow down the term of reference, it'll be just you, me and R3nu4l here :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Hopefully not just aerosexuals! With the growing number of aircraft in the country, I'm sure there are many aspiring pilots.

I only discovered this forum by accident! Will get to adding it to my sig.

The more the merrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its just that Commuting & Transport deals with a lot of aviation issues from a (mostly) passenger / transport point of view and Travel deals with it from a well travel point of view.

True. That same point came up in the forum request thread, IIRC.

I wouldn't like to see this forum taking from C & T, but I would imagine that if an issue arises involving airlines and transport, it could go both ways, in that;

"&*^%ing Ryanair lost me luggage again"= Commuting & Transport, and

"Aer Lingus' new A380/B787 (as if) are teh sexeh"=A & A.

A lot of fora on the face of title alone have shared area for discussion, but I think the anoraks or even just those with a passing interest in airlines aircraft or aviation will naturally gravitate here, and those with a query/interest/opinion on air travel will stick to C & T or Travel for that matter. That's my two zloty.

I'm just delighted that Boardsie has an aero room at last.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I think consumer issues with regard to Airline Transit should be in Commuting and Transport. This should probably be a forum for discussion of Theory, Aircraft, Spotting, Accident Discussion, etc.

I'd imagine that's the niche that this forum will slot into.

It's certainly what I had in mind when I bumped the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"&*^%ing Ryanair lost me luggage again"= Commuting & Transport,
    Ah, theres a new place for that http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055062936

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Victor wrote:
    BuffyBot will love you for that Victor :D I bet he was trying to fly under the radar for a while :geddit:, *groans*

Shouldn't the forum cover everything from flying gliders to Chinooks and Airbus A380's? :)

What about airports? Could it be used to discuss new terminii? Dublin Airport?

I don't know if the Air Scouts still exist in Ireland but I'd say they should be allowed to discuss their events/training here too.

I'd love to see airlines airports and routes discussed here, from an enthusiast standpoint as opposed to a consumer's, but I do realise that some of that will land on Mike65's patch over in Infrastructure (2nd terminal for DUB, that sort of thing), and Victor's (C & T et. al.)

I don't really think that we need to make it that clear cut, in that, if a issue deviates from the topic of aviation, it's easy to move it across with a redirect from here.

With a baby forum like this one, anything on topic is welcome IMO once it doesn't detract from, or step on the toes of other fora. Spotters, frequent fliers, industry employees, and honest to god armchair enthusiasts like me should all find a home here.

Hopefully anyway.

"Fly under the radar", Heh heh ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement