Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker in Letterkenny?

Options
  • 08-03-2007 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

We've been asked to run a tourney up in Letterkenny(possibly another PPP irish open satellite on Sunday April 1st).

Does anyone know if this date would clash with any other tournaments around that area? We don't want to step on peoples toes.

Any info would be great.

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Jools Poker

hey carlo and co. -i've sent ye a pm guys- good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭marathonic

I'd be interested in this if it goes ahead and know 3-4 others that may be interested.. Let me know.. Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

marathonic wrote:
    I'd be interested in this if it goes ahead and know 3-4 others that may be interested.. Let me know.. Thanks..

I'll keep you up to date. Just waiting to hear back from the Hotel about sorting out a definite date for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

get flyers up abotu 2-3 weeks before hand and maybe a few ads on highlands radio and youd easily get 50-100 runners for this. big catchment area there like ballybofey,donegal town and a few others.

We're heading up to Letterkenny tomorrow to finalise the date and location for this possible satellite.

If anyone has any suggestions on what the buyin for this event should be the let me know. We were thinking of a €225+€25 Freezeout. But maybe players up there would like a smaller or larger buyin.
    It will be a 12k stack and 30min blinds with no levels skipped...so it will be a very slow structure.

Mod: I will be chartering this properly once i get the details nailed down.

• Advertisement

We're heading up to Letterkenny tomorrow to finalise the date and location for this possible satellite.

If anyone has any suggestions on what the buyin for this event should be the let me know. We were thinking of a €225+€25 Freezeout. But maybe players up there would like a smaller or larger buyin.
    It will be a 12k stack and 30min blinds with no levels skipped...so it will be a very slow structure.

Mod: I will be chartering this properly once i get the details nailed down.
    if its a 225 game there will need to be feeders into it, there isnt a very large market for this big a buy in. i would suggest a €100+20 buy in with a €100 rebuy + top up. with blinds 30 mins and something like
    3,500 buy in - 4,000 rebuy and 5K top up/2nd rebuy. nearly everyone will rebuy and most will do both. great value even if you dont. there was a 100 freezeout up there before got over 100 runners, guarantee 2 tickets and advertise the B€lls of it and youll easily fill that quota imo.
    id also suggust not having it in a pub as it will have to close too early, and shop around for hotels as there are so many in LK you should get a good price.

if its a 225 game there will need to be feeders into it, there isnt a very large market for this big a buy in. i would suggest a €100+20 buy in with a €100 rebuy + top up. with blinds 30 mins and something like
    3,500 buy in - 4,000 rebuy and 5K top up/2nd rebuy. nearly everyone will rebuy and most will do both. great value even if you dont. there was a 100 freezeout up there before got over 100 runners, guarantee 2 tickets and advertise the B€lls of it and youll easily fill that quota imo.
    id also suggust not having it in a pub as it will have to close too early, and shop around for hotels as there are so many in LK you should get a good price.

Def not going for a pub. We have the Clanree, Gallaghers or Mount Erigal(however its spelt) lined up. That sturcture you mentioned sounds interesting. I'll say it to the other two lads and see what comes up.

what do you think of a €100+€20 Freezeout?

Def not going for a pub. We have the Clanree, Gallaghers or Mount Erigal(however its spelt) lined up. That sturcture you mentioned sounds interesting. I'll say it to the other two lads and see what comes up.

what do you think of a €100+€20 Freezeout?
    personally i am nto made of money, and when people liek myself start goin to rebuys you think ah sure its crap all the guys with money buy you out of it, then you realise that it adds so much value to the tournament. ive also noticed that after the breaks in rebuys there are normally way more chips in play at the business end which is great too and makes it less crapshooty.
    i think if it was a 120 game there would i) be much fewer tickets up for grabs and ii) would likely be more crapshooty at the all important business end, and iii) it gives people the chance to win a ticket for a low sum if the dotn rebuy but get the value of a 200-300 game.
    I have played a few tournaments with this structure i.e. 75 rebuy christmas game in the fitzwillaim and its was a great game, as there were so many chips in play.
    this game would def be a success as long as it is well advertised and should provide imo about 3 tickets at least. which could well be more. another strucure i played in the Sporting emporium was 150 + one rebuy OR top up. the starting chips were 3,500 and r/b /topup was 5K. this went on for quite a while and 71 runners produced SIX tickets, which was fantastic. so either a 100 with one rebuy and top up or 150 with rebuy OR top up would be great. you should be aiming for 70-100 runners too.

We could'nt get a date arranged that suited both us or any of the hotels we tried in Letterkenny yesterday....Clanree..gallaghers....Mount Errigal. So we won't be running another satellite for irish open up there. However we booked Gallaghers hotel for Sat. 28th April for a tourney of some kind so I would appreciate it if you could give your opinion as to what kind of a tournament you'd think would go down well.

We like to give decent starting stacks and a v.slow blind sturcture for all our €100+ tourneys to provide good value for money.

cheers.

We could'nt get a date arranged that suited both us or any of the hotels we tried in Letterkenny yesterday....Clanree..gallaghers....Mount Errigal. So we won't be running another satellite for irish open up there. However we booked Gallaghers hotel for Sat. 28th April for a tourney of some kind so I would appreciate it if you could give your opinion as to what kind of a tournament you'd think would go down well.

We like to give decent starting stacks and a v.slow blind sturcture for all our €100+ tourneys to provide good value for money.

cheers.
    what about Radisson they hold tourneys, also Jacksons/kees in ballybofey would hold one too. it shouldnt be that hard to find one surely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement