Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jpc - Northern Ireland Poker Championships - Moved

Options
  • 07-03-2007 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭

Just off the phone with Brendan Walls , This game has been moved due to an upcoming court case on another club up north , Police in the North have told the club that this game would not go ahead ....

JPC Poker have now moved this from the club in Magherfelt co Derry to the City North Hotel in dublin with the only game affected being the game on thurs 15th the charity event which the onwer is now donating to the simon foundation instead

Tournament schedule is still the same

CITY NORTH HOTEL , DUBLIN

FRIDAY 16TH - MAIN EVENT £100,000 GUARANTEED (3 DAY EVENT)

SAT 17TH - £500 FREEZEOUT

SUN 18TH - £250 FREZEOUT

Contact Brendan Walls for more info

SUN - 18TH - £250 FREEZEOUT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

any more qualifiers about for this?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I realise that you appear to be posting this for someone else Neill, but if you have the details as per charter it would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Dont have them dom ..Brendan asked me to pop em up , Ill try and get them and edit .. He just asked me to do him a favour to let people know mate

I would have popped them in like the charter but its really only about the change of venue Bud is all

Thanks
    Neill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Was just about to book a hotel and seen this on antes up, so even better 5 min drive from house, no exs incurred and the luxury of my own bed:) any others from boards playing in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,192 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

any others from boards playing in this one.

I'm a maybe.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I'm a maybe.

sure with the cards your running into its time to come back to the North East to hit some cards and defend your title......albeit a different event:p. I think this will be a nice little warm up for the open

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

anymore online sats for this?

are there live sats the night before?

sure with the cards your running into its time to come back to the North East to hit some cards and defend your title......albeit a different event:p. I think this will be a nice little warm up for the open

lol. My current run is the only thing giving me pause to play this. I agree that it would be ideal preperation as it is essentially the same structure. The Fitz €500 is on that weekend to - so there are options out there for a good game.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    lol. My current run is the only thing giving me pause to play this. I agree that it would be ideal preperation as it is essentially the same structure. The Fitz €500 is on that weekend to - so there are options out there for a good game.

is the fitz structure for the 500 not a bit crapshooty, found there was not much play from level 8 on last time i played?

Maybe Shortstack might run one on the Thursday night beforehand a 150 with 1 rebuy perhaps with every 6 players (providing they buy back) generating a ticket....6/1 i will take my chances. I will give him a shout

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Antesup will be covering this event, nice to have it move close to home :)

Good luck to the lads with this move and shame on the cops up the north, like they have nothing better to do then harrass peaceful poker players.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Neill spotted this deal on theie website he could make people aware of for those travelling down.

2 Nights B&B and 1 Evening Meal

Valid from 2 March 2007 to 30 April 2007

From 99 Euro per person

Mandatory stay - 2 nights

is the fitz structure for the 500 not a bit crapshooty, found there was not much play from level 8 on last time i played?

Mmmm...I wouldn't have thought that it was bad.

45 min clock, 8,000 starting chips

25 / 50
    50 / 100
    75 / 150
    100 / 200
    150 / 300
    150 / 300 / 25
    200 / 400 / 25
    300 / 600 / 50
    400 / 800 / 50
    500 / 1000 / 75
    600 / 1200 / 75
    800 / 1600 / 100

etc, etc IIRC.

Always found it good value in terms of play tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

lads wat date is this event and the buy-in.......

lads wat date is this event and the buy-in.......

16th 17th 18th March and a 1000 stg buy in

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Mmmm...I wouldn't have thought that it was bad.

Apologies i am thinking of the EOM

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

playing in the ME myself as this will be good value.
    it is £100k min payout but with 120 tickets sold so far thats £120,000 min payout(capped @200 max).
    he is running sngs the day before all the time for those who havent quailified as off yet and are thinking off playing.
    By todays rates the ticket will cost €1400+140 to enter but is subject to change depending on rates but im sure if u want to pay in sterling you can do.
    hope this is helpfull to all and great that antes up are covering this.
    see you there dev. cant make this sunday as the 1.5 mil is on on stars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

You made it to level 8 of a tournament???

Flushdraw wrote:
    You made it to level 8 of a tournament???

You cheeky *********** i have been known to even reach double digit levels, now sit down for this one but i have also been known to win a few also:eek:

I am only going to help build the prizepool for you Tony :D

Advertisement