Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Display

Options
  • 07-03-2007 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey,
    This has been wrecking my head....but I hadn't used the PC for a few weeks...it was working perfectly the last time I turned it on (aren't they always! :D )...but now when I turn it on...there is no display.
    I've tried about 4 differnent (known to work AGP cards)
    Borrowed a PCI VGA card and tried that...
    Monitors work fine on diff. PCs
    No beeps ...just nothing
    Removed CMOS battery still nothing...
    I've resigned myself that the mobo has gone to heaven but if you have any idea 's what else it could be I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Looks like PSU or MoBo

Cal.

P.S. you tried removing all other components? Modems are great at doing that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nobby2k1

Cal wrote:
    Looks like PSU or MoBo

Cal.

P.S. you tried removing all other components? Modems are great at doing that too.

I didn't figure the PSU as it's powering the HDD/ROM drives (I think)...will double check that in a sec.
    I stripped everything out of it...'tis practically 'bare bones' :)

nobby2k1 wrote:
    I didn't figure the PSU as it's powering the HDD/ROM drives (I think)...will double check that in a sec.
    I stripped everything out of it...'tis practically 'bare bones' :)

Try just PSU MoBo & CPU. Any beeps?

Cal.

PSU is powering HDD & ROMs.....just to confirm :)

'tis beepless...
    phh...guess it's given up the ghost

Looks that way. But I would feel a little happier if that rig was tested with a known good PSU.

Cal.

• Advertisement

lol...I will rip the PSU outta the other system and try it 2moro... & will let you know...as my headz melted...spent the whole day troubleshooting problems for others. Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated btw!

Advertisement