Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin to Orlando

• 07-03-2007 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

whats the best overall option for flying from dublin to orlando?

a mate of mine swears by virgin atlantic saying they are good price and planes are comfortable for this route but what do pepole think is the best?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

My choice would be Delta to Atlanta and a connection from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Found continental good to Alabama. Booked on their site, bit round about via newark, but you can add in a New York stop over if you have time. Currently offering New York to Orlando for $59 e/w...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

i flew dublin - newark - orlando with continental airlines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Virgin is alright, although you have to get and from Gatwick/Manchester seperately to get on their flight. However their Orlando routes tend by "bucket and spade" routes, and therefore the service can be a bit hit or miss compared to their higher profile routes.

From Dublin direct, it might be worth looking at Continental (via Newark) or Delta (via Atlanta/JFK) or US Airways (via Philidelphia)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

B.A. would be streets ahead of Virgin imo. We have flown 5 times to Florida - 4 with B.A. and once with Virgin. Was not that impressed with Virgin.

You can book a B.A. flight from Dublin - Heathrow - Orlando. Checkout http://www.americanholidays.com/content/amhols/index.html for flights, or ebookers.ie (thats who we have previously booked with).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 stevo86

i went to orlando last june, went from dublin to amsterdam, then got a connecting flight from there on. Aer lingus scrapped the dublin to orlando route in order to fly to Dubai, was is a pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I flew Delta to Tampa a while back.

Dublin>Shannon>Atlanta hub>Tampa.

Delta were only okay, we flew from Dublin and landed in Shannon to be told that the flight was overbooked. They asked for volunteers to leave the plane so the people at Shannon could get on! :eek:

Then, as I was in cattle class, I had to take the vegetarian option for dinner as the other meals had all been taken :(

Also, my left earphone didn't work on my headset and the monitor I was watching was not in good shape with very frequent picture jumps before it settled again for five minutes :(

Only okay, wouldn't fly with them again.

Advertisement