Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone goin to Scalps?

Options
  • 07-03-2007 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

anyone goin to emporium whats it like ususly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

played this twice... never done well in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

came 12th i think 50 runners i reckon. mickste going well afaih, he made a great call on someone with middle pair. nice tourney, crapshooty at 4/800+ but still good fun/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

came 12th i think 50 runners i reckon. mickste going well afaih, he made a great call on someone with middle pair. nice tourney, crapshooty at 4/800+ but still good fun/

Now there's a surprise.......

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

was very pleased to finish second in this as i was very shortstacked starting the final table. congrats to brian who won.

was brian the dude with the massive chip lead at final table?
    also miskte what you think of my exit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

yeah thats the guy who won. i know you were so short on chips but i prefer seeing a flop here and jamming it all in on a raggy flop. In fairness, pushing preflop was okay too but with three limpers in at that stage i would suspect one of them was slowplaying a big hand. I was impressed with your overall play through the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

mickste wrote:
    was very pleased to finish second in this as i was very shortstacked starting the final table. congrats to brian who won.

Thanks Mick.

Of course, if your A8 had stood up to my QT we'd be posting these messages the other way round.

WP.

Which guy were you GoodLuckToMe?

i dont think i was at your table once BrianMc, i was on Miskste BB when he was SB.

With regards to that hand i thought it was very unlikely the guy just got lucky that i pushed, i thought his play was terrible.
    who limps for 1200 on the button with AQ and 9-12BB effective stacks? anyway c`est la vie, i enjoyed the tournament and i heard about you call v that guys 93 one the Q9x board. wp good to play with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

and i heard about you call v that guys 93 one the Q9x board. wp good to play with you.

LOL. What kind of idiot would reraise a Q9x flop holding 93o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

brianmc wrote:
    LOL. What kind of idiot would reraise a Q9x flop holding 93o.

Idiot Play? This is a perfect example of "Chief-o-tactic" where you may legitimately expect runner runner 33 and take all your opponents chips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement