Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Director

Options
  • 07-03-2007 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

Did anyone hear about the CRO bring in limited companies with only a single director this year?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Nope :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

No but only having on has some serious implications

IE your personal assets are vunerable.

In fact if is an offence fo a chairman to allow a second directore to resign without a replacement but it is possible for the second directoreto resign withthe right advice

There is a way to be asole shareholder but I can't remember the detail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

narommy wrote:
    There is a way to be asole shareholder but I can't remember the detail

I don't think being a sole shareholder is a problem at all, directors don't have to own shares if you form a single member company, although you still need at least 3 directors. There's more info here: http://www.incorporate.ie/single-member-company/single-member-company.html & directly from the CRO: http://www.cro.ie/template_generic.asp?ID=514&Level1=1&Level2=1&Level3=0&Level4=0&Level5=0

I've been looking into it and these guys seem cheap (but please do look around for yourself too); http://www.registeracompany.ie/pricing.cfm

This isn't the kind of thing you want to do and later find out that you made a mistake so be sure that you what you do is what's right for you.
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

A company with a sigle shareholder is called a single member company,
    it only differs from setting up a standard company by having the word
    Single Member written on the top of the documents.

A company only needs 2 directors not 3.

Someone told me that, in the last CRO output, it said that they would be bringing in single director companies, I was just looking to see if anyone could confirm that, fead up waiting for 20mins on the phone to the CRO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

A company with a sigle shareholder is called a single member company,
    it only differs from setting up a standard company by having the word
    Single Member written on the top of the documents.

I think there actually might be a few other differences brought in under European law in 1993. Nothing massive though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

A company can be a single member company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

kluivert wrote:
    A company can be a single member company.

As are most men:)

Advertisement