Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk furniture store?

Options
  • 07-03-2007 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would know where I could get a furniture shop near the town square, I have found two on the web on Clanbrassil Street, one is Franks Furniture Store 41 Clanbrassil Street and the other is Home Affair 72 Clanbrassil Street. We are filming in Dundalk and would like to borrow a sofa from a store to film outside the shop which would ideally be on/near the square, to have a good shot of Dundalk in the background.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Well, that's pretty much it that's local to the square, but their are several barbers and the like in the area who may lend you some of those leather sofa style seats for waiting customers if you were to film quickly enough.

They're dotted all around the square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Well Franks is out, because it's well away from the square. I'm unsure where that home affair place is. Does it have to be a sofa? There are 'seats' around the square itself, though you might have to deal with a few of the local drunks who sometimes congregate around there :)

The square as a whole is a bit of a monstrosity tbh, might be worth doing a bit of a recon if you haven't already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Home Affair is up near lifestyle sport and doesn't do furniture...more like soft furnishings and fabrics.

I don't know what the video is for but were it me behind the camera i'd be trying to find a better aspect of Dundalk to use as a backdrop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

im sure flan brennan would lend you one of the benches from the court house if you ask him nicely.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Franks is now on the Coes Road among the herd of furniture stores down there. Home Affair does not do furniture, as stated already. If you're filming at the square why not ask the First Active or one of the other banks for one of their sofas?

• Advertisement
Advertisement