Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do trainees have to attend CPD seminars

Options
  • 07-03-2007 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

Do trainees have to attend CPD seminars or is it just for qualified members?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Just qualified members. They'd still be of benefit and you'd get some time off work to boot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

so might some small firms pay the fee for it and give u the day off to attend an occasional seminar even if you are only a trainee?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 mo chara

whats the difference between CPD and CPE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

No I doubt it seanie, doubt it very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

mo chara wrote:
    whats the difference between CPD and CPE?

CPD relates to courses run by ACA & means continuous professional development, whereas CPE relates to courses run by CPA & means continuous professional education!!

There is no difference between them, as I can use both to make up my hours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

LoneGunM@n wrote:

There is no difference between them, as I can use both to make up my hours!

No difference bewteen CPE and CPD.

You can also use other courses and conferences.

I actually prefer to avoid CPE/CPD courses as putting one day courses on your CV is of little merit.

I find it better to do 3rd level courses in management or IT.

My employer does not pay for CPD/CPE courses or accountancy subs and you can get tax relief on certain college courses. There is no tax relief on CPD courses.

Advertisement