Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Build ?

Options
  • 06-03-2007 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Looking for some advice,
    Im thinking of building a PC,can some tell me the best Components to get my hands on,
    I dont plan on Gaming on this PC but i will be using big software on it, + DVD stuff etc...
    Best motherboard ?
    Best Dual Core Chip ? etc.....
    Thanks in Advance;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

price limit????

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

Say up to €1000, I should build somthing good for that ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Go forth to www.Komplett.ie and they shall show you the way. Try the bare bones or the PC packages they offer, that might give you an idea of price and components therein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

If you feel like putting it together your self here are some recommendations

CPU - Core 2 Duo E6400, great dual core CPU.

Motherboard - Abit board using Intel P965 chipset - has all the extras you need, comes with audio and ethernet.

RAM - 1GB of DDR-2 667

Case - Gigabyte black - generic but will do the job.

GPU - 7300LE - will suffice for display needs & Windows Vista UI if required.

PSU- Tagan EasyCon 480W - power supply with modular cables, very quiet in operation.

DVDRW - NEC & Samsung SATA DVDRW drives - good idea to get two brands so you are covered if one supports a certain media better than the other.

HD - 500GB WD - may as well give yourself plenty of storage space.

Total €950 with some to spare for delivery & a nice system if your are working with video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

For the processor I'd go with the E4300 best bang for buck.
    You could up the graphics card with the savings!
    And I'd get a couple of 320GB drives instead of one 500GB works out about the same cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,009 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I wouldnt take that motherboard 8T8: it only has 2 PCI slots! One slot of which you would have to fill with a USB 2.0 controller (not included) and then one only knows......

Personally OP the last thing I would want to go cheap on is the Motherboard; everything else is relatively easy to addon.

How about this baby:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=323508

But it don't got no firewire.:(

To tell the truth im kind of being turned off komplett as dabs is cheaper and if u need an rma they pick it up from you, and your build would probably be about 50 cheaper even though the site isnt as nice to work with.

Ive got the DS3 its a good board but if i was to buy again id buy this

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4517&CategorySelectedId=11143&NavigationKey=11143,42620000,356410000,405070000,4294957129,14

Or maybe since your not a game this

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=325482

Thanks for the advice here,
    So would i be as well going for the mobo "plonk" was on about ??

That just links to the homepage

• Advertisement

sorry dont know what happened there!!
    Any way you think that one is best ??

I dont think dabs has the p5b-e so youll have to buy it off komplett. Its got everything you need but wait for confirmation from 8t8 or anti just to make sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well the Abit board has only 2 slots for PCI cards now unless you are already using said two slots I don't think it is anything to get worried over still this MSI board for €108 is just as good and comes with 3 PCI slots instead.

Your right there unless you need firewire, so go with the msi if you dont need a firewire connection

plonk wrote:
    Your right there unless you need firewire, so go with the msi if you dont need a firewire connection

your sig link is hosed.

Ok MSI it is so,and Intel core 2 duo E6400 ?
    Many thanks again....

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Go for the ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI,nForce-650i SLI only 125.00 and a great overclocker and the e6400.

Advertisement