Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate, SG1, Season 10, Episode 19: Dominion [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 06-03-2007 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Season 10 Episode 19: Dominion
    SG-1 gets caught in the middle when Ba'al and Adria compete for domination of the galaxy.

On sky one at the moment...

Your opinion? 23 votes

10 - Woohoo! SG1 as it should be!
    0% 0 votes
    26% 6 votes
    17% 4 votes
    26% 6 votes
    17% 4 votes
    4% 1 vote
    8% 2 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    1 - Why was I programmed to feel pain?
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Ahh it twas good i thought...just not the type of run up to the end of the ori storyline as i thought (ie. the move is the next ori storyline after "continuum")

But was quite a good show, looking forward to more...

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

I don't get it... the Ori can't enter our galaxy directly because the ascended ancients would stop them, as they did with Anubis. Yet Adria can ascend in this episode without a second thought and nobody bats an eyelid?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭Tefral

mcgarnicle wrote:
    I don't get it... the Ori can't enter our galaxy directly because the ascended ancients would stop them, as they did with Anubis. Yet Adria can ascend in this episode without a second thought and nobody bats an eyelid?

wondered that myself... but didnt she ascend as an ori not an ancient? i mean she now assumes all the power that the slaves have given her...id say on her own now shes pretty powerful!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

But she ascended in the milky way, all the ori together couldn't enter the galaxy cos they knew it would just be stalemate with the Ancients. If her ascension had triggered war with the ascended ancients I think they would have made a bigger deal out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

A very good offereing this week - a lot better than that sh1t we were given last week.

It seemed that the writers went back to a lot of the topics/subjects that made season's 1-8 great. For example the Tok'ra, I can't remember seeing them since Jacob Carter died at the end of season 8

As well as that, there was some ascension, al be it I didn't think that adria would be allowed to ascend given the fact that she was the Orisi. :confused:

The only bit I wasn't keen on was the part about "dancing on ice with celebrities", that just annoyed me because I thought it would be full of rubbish like this, thankfully it wasn't.

The attempted execution of Adria was a step in the darker direction (a lot like some of Atlantis Season 1, i thought)

Its ironic that an episode that had to be re-done in a short space of time (due to Sci-Fi cancelling SG1) turned out to be one of the best episodes of the season :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

SG1 in decent episode shocker. Hell rumoured to have frozen over. :)

*ahem* anyway.....
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    But she ascended in the milky way, all the ori together couldn't enter the galaxy cos they knew it would just be stalemate with the Ancients. If her ascension had triggered war with the ascended ancients I think they would have made a bigger deal out of it.

Up untill the final exposition, i'd assumed she's ascended because she knew that the ancients would slap her ass right back down to the lower planes, essentially allowing her to respawn and go back to leading the Ori armies.

I still think my way makes more sense then the "she ascended and may now controls a shed load of power".

Nice to see ba'al back, i really like they guy, even if the clones thing is stupid, i love his arrogance and mad schemes. He's the Doctor Doom of the Sg1 universe.

Other than that, pretty decent, i saw the SGC's plan coming a mile off, it's been used twice this season on SGA [i think] so no surprises there.

And i got a giggle with the whole "horrible dream where i had to dance with supposed well known celebrities infront of a panel of judges" thing. maybe it's just me and my childish sense of humour.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Nah, I liked that rip on celebrity dance off's too.

It was a good episode... but what happens now.

When is the movie even out! I really hope they've filmed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Big improvement over previous abomination. Yeah story arc was obvious. Bit annoyed with yet another "new toy" but it was relatively watchable. Is it my imagination or has the dialogue got progressively worse as well? Roll on the DVD.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A lot better than we've been getting these last few weeks - Adria, Ba'al(s), Tok'ra, Ascension, Ori, Sodan cloak, Jaffa symbiote poisoning, tritonin and other elements from the show all weilded together in a way that made sense and pushed the plot forward.

I actually dug the idea of Ba'al being in control of Adria and thought it would have been more fun to let this go further. Alas, they went the Ascension route and I too am wondering why the Ancients wouldn't slap her back down to the mortal plane. If she could ascend in a weakend state and assume all that power, why not try it before - too risky?

Anyhow, much better fare and, if it's like this next week, then make me anticipate those DVD movies that bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

When did Bael get Asgard beaming technology?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

i was hoping one of the cast of SG1 was involved with 'skating with celebrities'. But they're not. So those jokes werent great.
    I really enjoyed the episode, and i would have given it a higher score, but i cant help but be annoyed everything is pretty much back to how it was before this episode. And the original plan seemed fairly lame/risky too.

Did the Baal symbiote survive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ixoy wrote:
    if it's like this next week
    I think you're going to be disappointed :(

Anyway, not too bad an episode at all, even if it was obvious that Adria was being set up by Vala. Having Baal back and trying to implant Adria was great. I was wondering what Baal's plan was until he was talking with Adria and said "I wouldn't be so sure about that" with the glowing eyes. I had almost forgotten he was a goa'uld and that made me realise what he was going to do.

I too thought it was strange that Adria planned to ascend, surely the others would be watching and kick her back fairly sharpish. Perhaps that was her plan but it will take time for them to force her back and probably they'll send her somewhere else, or she thought that maybe she could take them all on?

Roll on the 1st movie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Sit down jor_el! There's still another episode left :D

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Why didn't Ba'al have a personal shield?
    Why did they assume he was dead and not mention a Sarcophagus?

>_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ciaranfo wrote:
    Sit down jor_el! There's still another episode left :D
    Is that smiley because you know what it's about too?
    Somewhat of a departure from the current stream
    :( Still, they need to mark the final episode with some sort of ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

jor el wrote:
    Is that smiley because you know what it's about too?
    Somewhat of a departure from the current stream
    :( Still, they need to mark the final episode with some sort of ending.

I'm petrified the last ep will be a clip show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

I'd say it'll be good, while not focusing on the Ori storyline completely, it contains aspects of it
    an ori ship attacks apollo apparently
    , and hopefully a bit of lighthearted character interaction

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Bleedin fantastic episode. They should have ended the seaon on this episode.

Advertisement