Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundcard Recomendations

Options
  • 06-03-2007 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for recommendations for a professional quality soundcard.

It will be used for the purposes of recording radio dramas and I'd like to have multiple lines in so I can record into multiple tracks in Adobe Audition.

I'm probably looking to spend around €500 or so.

Anyone got any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

How many inputs will you be using and what sort of source will you be recording from, e.g. condenser mics?

The MOTU 828 MkII might be a good choice, and I've heard good things about the Presonus Firepod. They might be a bit overkill though, if you only need one or two inputs.

Might be a good idea to get this moved to the Recording / Mixing / Pro Audio forum for more advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well as many inputs as possible I guess.... We'd be looking at using the same tech to record local bands as well in the future.

The Firepod looks very good all right... I'll look into that.

Thanks.

Advertisement