Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Details schmetails...

Options
  • 06-03-2007 5:18pm

So again, who is this forum aimed at? Those south of the Liffey? Those within South Dublin County Council's Admin area? Those in Co. Dublin (the South part obviously!).

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'd welcome all discussion an all things from the southside of the liffey, of course, dublin city issues would be more suited for the Dublin city forum.
    Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I would think any suburb south of the Liffey, ie from about Ranelagh/Rathmines out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Yay \o/ Now for my Dundrum thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

There was massive confusion in another thread about the definition of South County Dublin. Living on part of the "border", I can say that Dublin City ends at the Belfield Flyover where you will see a sign for Dun-Laoghaire Rathdown CC. The last road in Dublin City (D4) is the northern side of Woodbine Road, nearest the N11, and the last nearest the Merrion Road/Rock Road is the lane beside the Tara Towers, the name of which has slipped my mind.

The southern side of Woodbine Road is actually in County Dublin, and a different constituency to the northern side. Also, the address for this entire area is Blackrock, despite it's nearer location to lots of other towns.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

does it really matter, tho i wouldn't classify tallagh as south dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

Linku wrote:
    There was massive confusion in another thread about the definition of South County Dublin. Living on part of the "border", I can say that Dublin City ends at the Belfield Flyover where you will see a sign for Dun-Laoghaire Rathdown CC. The last road in Dublin City (D4) is the northern side of Woodbine Road, nearest the N11, and the last nearest the Merrion Road/Rock Road is the lane beside the Tara Towers, the name of which has slipped my mind.

The southern side of Woodbine Road is actually in County Dublin, and a different constituency to the northern side. Also, the address for this entire area is Blackrock, despite it's nearer location to lots of other towns.

he speaks the truth. from a southern point of view the dublin border / dun laoghaire border runs along a jagged path in between shankhill ( co.dublin) and bray (95% co.wicklow) the smaller villages/areas of woodbrook, old connaught, south rathmichael are all in dublin. although in recent times i have heard talk of rathmichael as Dublin 18 thus meaning by this reasoning the city extends to the border here, as areas with codes are dublin city as opposed to dublin county. apparently it all goes back to the 50s-ish when residents of middle class suburbs did not wish to have a number on the end of their address. thanks for that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

its not south county dublin if that helps its dublin 24 or 22 i think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Would you classify Howth as Northside? Clontarf? South Dublin is a geographical region not a financially ideological one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

We're all Dubs and Dublin is small enough for us all to have something to contribute about issues on the south or north of the city or in the city centre itself. If you are going to have an East section and sub-sections, then maybe there should be some for the other eastern counties, instead of splitting Dublin up. We now, for some strange reason, have "Greystones and Charlesland". Why not Wicklow, and then add Kildare and Meath too? Once we had the East section just having Dublin in it, which seemed silly. For the record, I'm in the Stillorgan area.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

This Thread is Done...

J

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement