Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard & Cases: Front Panel Connections...

Options
  • 06-03-2007 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

So, I'm trying to connect the front panel pinouts from my EVGA 680i to my Antec P180B case.

The power and reset buttons are working fine, as are all the audio connections, USB + Firewire ports. The only problem I have is that the 680i only has 2-pin connection for the Power LED and the P180B has a 3-pin jack (although only two wires in it). I've tried moving on of the wires and it not fits into the pins, but it appears to be "reversed", if that makes sense :)

What I mean is, LED is on when machine is off, and vice-versa. Is this simply a case of the wires being reversed by me? Also, the HDD LED (also 2-pin) doesn't appear to show up at all, although I'm pretty certain it's correctly connected.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Just built mine last night same case and MB, basically you have to cut the empty plastic in the middle out, if you have a quick look through the manual it will explain it for you... i think its under a warning banner on the jumper configuration page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Hey srdb20,

Yeah, I saw that in the manual. I actually pulled out what I thought was pin 3 (white cable) and moved it to the center (rather than cut the center part out). When I get home, I'll try reversing them.

What about your HDD light? Is it working correctly for you? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

So far so good, no complaints yet though its only been up for about 2 hours....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I have never ever connected the power or hdd leds. Whats the point like ? you know your pc is on. And you can hear your hdd moving about. No need for a poncy led showing you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well in some systems you wont be able to hear the HD's running because of sound dampening or louder components so without a visual indicator sometimes you can be left wondering if anything is actually happening - especially when something goes wrong which is where the LED becomes useful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement