Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to watch Six Nations in America?

Options
  • 06-03-2007 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Im in San Antonio, Texas looking for suggestions on how I can watch the match on Saturday.

First problem; it's on at 7.30am our time.

Anyone know what sort of channels might show it that the hotel might have in its bar?

I've searched tv listings and I'm coming up blank myself.

Or is there an online resource that will show the whole match?

It's proving difficult finding an irish bar hardcore enough round here to be open at 7.30am for the match - but sure if anyone knows any in the SA area... that'd be sweet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not sure if it will be showed on channels you receive in the hotel. I watched the England game on TVU Player. The game might be streamed on rte.ie but you'll need an Irish proxy to watch it because its not meant to be broadcast outside of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

problem solved.

Bit of internet digging revealed this article;

http://www.finfacts.com/irelandbusinessnews/publish/article_10004692.shtml

- Setanta to broadcast six nations over interweb.

At Setanta.com, they have a handy zip code utility where it'll display locations where setanta is shown:
    http://na.setanta.tv/navenuefinder.htm

From there it found a local bar, which I rang, and they are opening at 7am for the game.

Alternatively, I could watch it in the hotel, - stream it over the internet on setanta.com. You can buy a single game for $9.99.

Quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭flsghujslkuo

The lion and rose shows the six nations games live, I think the new one will be open at 7am... I usually wait untill the relive game is on the go for some lunch and watch.

note, the clock goes forward in texas on sunday, not like in Ireland in two weeks.... don't miss your flight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

yep, it's the lion and rose on 410 I rang.

They're opening at 7am.

Gotta love boards; finding another punter who knows about the lion and the rose in San Antonio, Texas AND that it's showing the match within 4 hours of posting is pretty damn cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,093 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Setanta is great these days.I've been waiting awhile for them to get the Broadband streaming online.It's a great resource.Also The Rugby Channel is the place to watch the summer tours and Tri-Nations :http://www.mediazone.com/channel/rugby/jsp/2006/index.jsp?gclid=CLDjkuzq44oCFRE9VAodUC922g

• Registered Users Posts: 16,410 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I told a colleague of mine in SF about the 6N, he managed to watch it on Setanta for about $10 - not sure if it was digital satellite or streamed broadband.

Advertisement