Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nfl draft on t.v.

Options
  • 06-03-2007 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know who's showing the draft this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Wasn't it on NASN last year? I presume it'll be on it again, ESPN cover it in the states (right?) and what with the deal between NASN and ESPN... But don't know for definitely...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

Ya nasn covered it last year but nasn lost all its nfl coverage for ireland and the u.k. so we'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Doubt anybody will cover it on our side of the atlantic tbh. easy enough to catch on any of the internet P2p tv streamers though

Emailed NASN regarding NFL coverage - be it the draft or NFL network etc. and this is what i received:
    I can confirm that the outcome of the NFL broadcasting rights negotiations, when the contract was due for renewal, was such that NASN will not be broadcasting NFL related coverage as the contract now belongs to another channel in the UK and Ireland. Therefore we no longer hold the rights to broadcast the NFL Draft or any NFL programming except on our NASN-Europe channel who have full coverage as the two deals are separate because of the different territories.

so no good there. And I really can't see Sky showing it. Although its annoying that NASN can't show any NFL coverage because "another channel in the UK and Ireland" although Sky Sports only show the games & highlights during the season, and then nothing throughout the off-season...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

http://www.nfl.com/video/2006/25

videos on page 26 aswell.

Does anyone know if the draft will be on ESPN or nfl network? Espn is easy to get a stream for online, but i havent yet seen one for nfl network. I am hoping its espn.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

I think it was shown on both last year, I remember people talking about switching between them and comparing the presentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

dulpit wrote:
    Wasn't it on NASN last year? I presume it'll be on it again, ESPN cover it in the states (right?) and what with the deal between NASN and ESPN... But don't know for definitely...

Now that NASN is set to get back PTI and ATH this is a positive step forward:) for the deal. Lets hope even more comes our way.

As for the NFL Draft well I extremely doubt Sky will show it. Remember the Draft goes on for a fair while and judging by Sky's schedule in the evening which would include Soccer, Motoracing etc I would find it hard to see they would show this event. Plus at the end of the day TV events is about ratings. Although there are hardcore fans on this forum, The UK and Ireland who would watch a fair bit off it the Casual fans 9 times out of 10 would rather watch a game then people standing around with no action

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They could always show it on the red button :)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

i enjoyed watchin it last year:(

• Advertisement

You'll easily get in on the net, i definitly wont be missing.

Come on CJ!

Don't know much about this streaming thing?
    Can anyone give me a link to where i could stream espn?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

You'll easily get in on the net, i definitly wont be missing.

Come on CJ!

Not with dial-up LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

franglan wrote:
    Don't know much about this streaming thing?
    Can anyone give me a link to where i could stream espn?
    Can't be talking about that here :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

NASN's abandonment of NFL coverage of any kind and their shoddy choice of NCAA games and now, no draft ... well ... time to cancel the subscription.

Just cos they can't show games, it doesn't mean they can't show ESPN, NBC or CBS pregame shows, etc.

joe_elway wrote:
    NASN's abandonment of NFL coverage of any kind and their shoddy choice of NCAA games and now, no draft ... well ... time to cancel the subscription.

Just cos they can't show games, it doesn't mean they can't show ESPN, NBC or CBS pregame shows, etc.
    I presume they'd love to show any kind of NFL footage but if the NFL want to give Sky/Channel 5 exclusive rights, there's little NASN can do

(PS I'm not a subscriber, but probably would be if they had the NFL)

Dodge wrote:
    I presume they'd love to show any kind of NFL footage but if the NFL want to give Sky/Channel 5 exclusive rights, there's little NASN can do

(PS I'm not a subscriber, but probably would be if they had the NFL)

That's what the problem is, I emailed NASN recently, they said that they cannot show any highlights packages or game coverage because Sky Sports have full rights... However they did say that if any new packages come up they will go after them...

Also, as far as I know the deal with channel 5 has finished, they will need to be re-negotiated again this year, and i think (but i'm open to correction) that there must be some terrestrial tv coverage of the NFL so hopefully 5 lose the rights and ITV or the beeb will pick them up...

Sky are showing a highlights program on the April 29th at 10:00pm on sky sports 2. And repeating it again at 2.30 in the night on the 30th. Great!, no point watching that then...

starts 5pm. gonna watch it online. No way am i missing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 manny2007

Hey, if you find a website that shows the draft, could you post it up (or email me at manny_452@hotmail.com), i've been looking for websites that stream espn and haven't found one yet. Thanx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 geoff_nfl

plz tell me where i can watch the draft online!!!!! pm me plz!!!!!

being streamed live on nfl.com

Raiders taking russell, our franchise has just been ruined.

Nfl network doesn't open for me, wat type of application do i need to play it?

real player.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

I think you need an NFL fieldpass to watch it. It uses RealPlayer. Watching it now.

You don't need field pass. watched a bit of it myself. Brady Quinn not taken yet (10th pick)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

daveirl wrote:

CJ. Dont rate russell really, far too over-rated. Looking how far Quinn fell makes it worse. If we got CJ and Quinn it would of be a brilliant draft.

Advertisement