Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X19 - "Sweet Caroline" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 06-03-2007 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "SWEET CAROLINE" -

Episode Title: "Sweet Caroline"
    Airdate: March 6th 2007

TV.com Summary:
    An unlikely alliance forms between Bellick and Sucre while Michael is determined to face the president. T-Bag gets into some trouble when he loses his luggage and C-Note faces major consequences after some of his actions.

Next Episode: 2X20 - "
    Panama
    " - March 19th 2007

What did you think of "Sweet Caroline"? 32 votes

0%
    21%
    Our man in HavanaVillainskibumcunnins4ninebeanrowsweederwba88 7 votes
    37%
    Mossy MonkMr ECivilServantStephen Pbig_moeGileadibillstraightenpokerwidowgustavoAgamemnonL31mr0dkaizersoze123 12 votes
    31%
    Beruthieljor elLFCFanDampsquidmatrimBasqmuckwarriorRollo TamasiDouble CGingervitis 10 votes
    6%
    weemcdyoucancallmeal 2 votes
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    3%
    NordicDiver 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i havent seen it yet but it seems like its going to be a good one

so will 20 be the last? considering the name

• Registered Users Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭Basq

weeder wrote:
    so will 20 be the last? considering the name
    No, 3 episodes left with the season finale on April 2nd.

ah well few more to go then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Great episode!feel sorry for the lads :(

this was truley amazing althouggh the ending pissed me off

the thing in everyones head right now must be "ahaha she fvcked her brother!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

What an episode, :eek:

I went crazy at the end!

just watched the previews on youtube for 20 and im piissed off we have to wait 2 weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great great episode...... roll on the last 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

fairly stupid that michael didn't stick around to hear the president make the speech.

just setting it up for season 3 now.

i guess we are just back to the start of season2 now.

that being said it was a great episode.

Fantastic stupendous episode.

Really makes me wonder why there's so much hate for this second season while it's been a wonderfully paced season of thrills, cliffhangers and surprises. If this was indeed the first season of a show, it'd be hailed as "far-fetched but fantastic". I think the second season was a wonderful re-invention of the fugitive premise and a very different take from Season 1 - which is why i enjoyed it so much (even with 3 episodes to go). I didn't want 'season 1 - part 2' for a follow-up season.

The shít really hit the fan and Michael's "we need to disappear" line was a lovely way to close it. Seems like a nice way to wrap up the Michael-Linc plotline if they indeed decide to abandon it for a third series (as they'd be starting to go down the 'Jack Bauer is the unluckiest bastard alive' route with Linc and Michael if a third series was planned around their misfortune).

Anyways.. expected Kellerman to play more of a part in this episode but i'd say he will be pivotal in the closing 3. Probably one of my favourite episodes in a while as i actually did believe they were home free in the closing moments with the resignation really hitting home and i couldn't help but feel complete and utter sympathy for the poor feckers!

Anyways: 8 / 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

There've been too many 'oh look, we have everything we need to clear our names..... oh no it got shot/deleted/forgotten' moments in this series, its hard to still <3 it.

Igy wrote:
    There've been too many 'oh look, we have everything we need to clear our names..... oh no it got shot/deleted/forgotten' moments in this series, its hard to still <3 it.
    Can you not remember not many times they had the escape planned in the first season. Only for something to go wrong and... cut to end-credits.

It's the distinct feeling of "oh shít, how will they get outta this one?" / "what are they gonna do now?"

It's far fetched but it's fun and certainly gets me and a large portion of viewers back for me.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Igy wrote:
    Well, if their plans worked at the first attempt there would be no show!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

it really is brillant way better than that stupid lost, really would like to see Franklin do well out of it but we will see,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭lukin

Having seen this episode I am even more unsure about Scheuring's promise that "90 percent of the conspiracy will be solved at the end of the season".
    By that I assumed he meant that Linc would be a free man and Michael too.
    That now seems unlikely to happen so they will still be on the run in season 3 I'd say.
    Still a very good ep;great thinking by Mahone to let Sarah escape. He's really starting to go off the deep end though, I thought he was going to blow her away at one stage!
    Loved that gun Bellick had, it's obviously still possible to smuggle firearms onto US planes :-)
    T-Bag screwed up big-time, not like him at all to be so stupid. Now the Mexican authorities know he is in the country. The 5 mill could still end up in anyone's hands.
    The biggest shock of the season saved for this ep too:the pres. and her bruv had an incestuous relationship!!YEUUURGHH!
    Now I know what Mike meant when he said "You'll want keep this...in the family" Heh-heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Oh man, that's some killer. The biatch resigned rather than face the music. Shagging her brother, never saw that coming. Now I understand why they didn't let us hear what was on the tape till now. I wonder will the Company be in a bit of strife as they are no longer pulling the strings of power? Who is the current vice president and do they have any dirt on him?

I hope Sara has the cop on to notice the tail she's picked up, or to ring Linc and Michael before meeting up. Great scenes with Mahone and finding out about the pills - "It's nice and quiet down here" :)

A bit of a stupid move by T-bag though, he could have just waited for the bag to come back around and not gone outside after it. Though I guess it makes the story a bit better to have Sucre spill the beans on where the money is to buy his freedom. It'd be nice to see T-bag loose the money, but for Bellick to end up with it seems a bit wrong.
    Loved that gun Bellick had, it's obviously still possible to smuggle firearms onto US planes :-)
    I think that was just a stun gun and it would have been OK to put that in the checked luggage, not brought on the plane. Also, since he's now in Mexico I'm sure he could have bought it there no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

gave it a 9. Best of the season thus far imo. I honestly thought Sucre was going to leave and head off to the airport for the money. I liked the way Bellick was distracted as the bag of money went by, I was wondering how they would play that as I was sure he'd recognise his own bag on the conveyor belt. I thought T-Bags move was a little frantic but I suppose it was needed for the story development.

...and what an ending, man I really didn't think the name of this episode would have anything to do with incest, but goes to show you never know with Prison Break, i'd assumed it had something to do with the connection between kellerman and carol, but then I guess the writers wanted me to think that :P I was trying to think of a way for Carol to cover all her bases being threatened from both sides, stepping down was sheer genius.

They really are screwed now though, I mean they really do have nothing. There are no other loose ends they can exploit that I can think of and everybody seems to be turning against them.

I'd say next season, somehow Linq and Mike will get involved in the 5 million again, they'll probably discover who the bald guy in the limo is and get kellerman to put a hit on him or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Fantastic episode, have to say the start of this series was great, first 6 episodes or so, then it got really slow and boring, but the last 3 episodes have turned it around so much, this was a fantastic episode.
    I'll never prefer this season to season 1 though, and i'm not sure if i'll be watching season 3, but we'll see how it goes.

also the incest ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

An excellent episode, I gave it a 9. They're really ramping up the suspense as the season finale looms.

Wonder what Mike and Linc will do with the 20 copies of the tape now? If they broadcast it, it will probably be ignored or dismissed in the wave of sympathy for Reynolds and her "cancer".

I thought C-Note would live because we never saw him die at the end of the last episode. Hopefully the other FBI agent can help him and put a stop to Mahone's antics. I can't see Mahone living until Season 3 - he's almost ready to crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

gotta say that Sara was sprouting a great bit of cleavage near the begining of the episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I had already figured she was would announce her resignation about halfway through which is annoying, took the shock out of the ending. I on the other hand didn't see the incest stuff coming, nasty.

I like Malones plan to let sara free, very clever. I can see a big showdown coming now between linc, michael and Malone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭lukin

gotta say that Sara was sprouting a great bit of cleavage near the begining of the episode

I spotted that too but didn't want to mention it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

lukin wrote:
    I spotted that too but didn't want to mention it:D

pervert

Advertisement