Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idlewild - Make Your World

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Great record, doesn't really feel like I'm listening to Idlewild though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

here was my reaction on first hearing "if it takes you home"

i was so excited for this album. i heard the remix of "no emotion" and well it seems like a good song lyrically and all, but when i heard that there were no other "rocky-out" type songs on the album i was a little disappointed.

i haven't heard anymore of the album as i pre-ordered it off their site and was sent on friday but as taz has said it just doesn't feel like i'm listening to idlewild anymore especially on their more recent releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Listen in to Phantom 105.2 this Thur from 8pm for an interview and an acoustic version of No Emotion!

Have to asy I really like No Emotion....reminds me of some of their older stuff! Did anyone check out Roddy's solo album last year (name escapes me)?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

catch--22 wrote:
    Have to asy I really like No Emotion....reminds me of some of their older stuff! Did anyone check out Roddy's solo album last year (name escapes me)?

Yeah it was called 'My Secret Is My Silence'. Apparently a lot of the songs were written for Idlewild originally but didn't fit in with the new rock-ier sound they were going for.

As a chill out/folk type album I think it's fantastic. 'I Came In From The Mountain' is a beautiful song and others like 'Waverley Steps' and 'Every Line.....' are brilliant. The album is a really good listen and is a nice contrast to the usual Idleiwld music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

i agree not like their other stuff, but im loving the album alot,
    am i the only one hearing traces REM in roddy's voice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I haven't given Make Your World alot of listening as of yet but it sounded good, a slight return to their former sound

Advertisement