Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Agency signing

Options
  • 05-03-2007 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Suprised too see no thread, but some big signings. Pats have cleared up in the D its seems. Should be good for next season.

49ers are looking good. Good signings on D, 8 picks in the top 4 rounds of the draft this year. I think they will really give the hawks a good run for the division.

On my own team, Raiders have had a disaster so far. Lost brooks, and looks like we'll lose Jordan. So we a need a QB and a RB.

Moss might be going to Packers with Rodgers and a 2nd or 3rd pick aswell. Wouldnt say no to that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Ahman Green gone to the Texans, to be re-united with Mike Sherman.

And what's with the Bucs signing Garcia and Plummer? I guess Chris Simms is a goner.

You can keep Moss, by the way. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Thomas jones has been traded to the the jets for a 2nd round pick. Wes welker has gone to the Pats for a 3nd and 7th pick(seems alot)

Plummer said he didnt want to go to Bucs and was gonna retire, so they signed Garcia just in case it feel through. Talk that if Plummer doesnt retire he might be traded to the Raiders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Slow coach wrote:
    Ahman Green gone to the Texans, to be re-united with Mike Sherman.

And what's with the Bucs signing Garcia and Plummer? I guess Chris Simms is a goner.

You can keep Moss, by the way. :p

William Henderson the Packers FB also released.

While neither was too productive last season.... they are big spaces to be filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Pats are definitely looking good this year, with Thomas a great pick-up and Stallworth and Welker pretty good too.

Looks like Moss is on his way to Packers. :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2796831

Yay!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Looks like Moss is on his way to Packers. :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2796831

Yay!!

Raiders are definitely gunning for a 0-16 season, definitely...

Yea, and packers will be fighting it out with us for a 0-16 now aswell. Best move of our off-season so far. Delighted.

now i just want us to draft CJ at no.1 and it will be the icing on the cake.

Rumour has it, its a done deal and were taking rodgers and a 7th pick, with a unconditional pick in 2008 draft. I hope its true, i want that c*nt out of oakland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

Slow coach wrote:
    And what's with the Bucs signing Garcia and Plummer

Plummer is retiring............they took him to get extra Conditional Picks in the next draft.....or to send him to Houston, where he actually wanted to go, for a higher draft pick then they paid for him

either way they are winning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Manny7 wrote:
    Pats are definitely looking good this year, with Thomas a great pick-up and Stallworth and Welker pretty good too.
    But how will the offence do now that Dillon has retired.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

de5p0i1er wrote:

They have last years rookie Laurance Maroney who carried most of the load last year and they recently signed a RB Morris from the Dolphins and they still have good old fateful Kevin Faulk.Tom Brady will be as good as ever but will all these new players gel together like the patriots superbowl winning teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

de5p0i1er wrote:

Dillon had been released before he retired so it doesn't change the plans for next year. Hopefully Maroney can be the main back next year but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats take a running back later in the draft as well. I don't think Morris will anything more than a back-up. Faulk will be a good 3rd down back for another year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

The jock wrote:
    They have last years rookie Laurance Maroney who carried most of the load last year and they recently signed a RB Morris from the Dolphins and they still have good old fateful Kevin Faulk.Tom Brady will be as good as ever but will all these new players gel together like the patriots superbowl winning teams?
    Manny7 wrote:
    Dillon had been released before he retired so it doesn't change the plans for next year. Hopefully Maroney can be the main back next year but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats take a running back later in the draft as well. I don't think Morris will anything more than a back-up. Faulk will be a good 3rd down back for another year anyway.

You both make good points but what I'm worryed about is how will Brady play with them, he and Dillon were great friends and really trusted each other. Will Brady trust the others as much?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Dillon wasn't with the Pats for that long. Brady's too good a player not to get on with it. Maroney was already the feature back for Pats and with a year under him will get more of a workload.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mokonji

The jock wrote:

when you have the guru that is bill belichick and one of the best quarterbacks of all time, I really dont think the pats will have too much trouble gelling. they know how to get it done. even though brady had no recognised receivers last season, he could still do his thing. the natural ability alone of stallworth and welker will make up for the short time they will be together in training camp. this could very well be the pats year...AGAIN

Advertisement