Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia "Service needed" indicator

Options
  • 05-03-2007 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I have a Skoda Octavia that was serviced in an independant garage but he didnt have the sw to turn off the "Service needed" indicator at start up. Anyone know where i can get this turned off without going to the Skoda Garage? Im based in Galway.
    Any idea how much it would cost?
    P.S. Its a 1.9 TDi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It depends on what year it is - but may work like whats described below.

Page 52 of the Owner's Manual gives the answer to this:
    1. Switch off the ignition and press the reset knob of the trip counter below the speedometer and hold.

2. Switch on the ignition and release the reset button, one of the service events appear in the display.

3. It is possible to switch between the the readouts of the service events by briefly pressing the reset button.

4. When the particular service event is displayed, turn the button for setting the digital clock to the right, "service---" appears in the display.

5. Switch off the ignition. Only now is the service event reset.

If not you may find what you're looking for here.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

crosstownk wrote:

1. Switch off the ignition and press the reset knob of the trip counter below the speedometer and hold.

2. Switch on the ignition and release the reset button, one of the service events appear in the display.

3. It is possible to switch between the the readouts of the service events by briefly pressing the reset button.

4. When the particular service event is displayed, turn the button for setting the digital clock to the right, "service---" appears in the display.

Will this work with 03 Reg Car? .... too cold wet and windy to go out to car tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm not sure, tbh - but it's worth a go. It's the same procedure that a lot of VWs used around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

That should work for Mk 1 Octavias - check the car manual, as suggested already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Same deal getting rid of it on a Seat. Worked for me last year. Nothing in the Ibizas manual about it though. Have to laugh at the amount of people on e-bay trying to sell this info. Quick Google search came up trumps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

crosstownk wrote:

Thanks for that info ...it worked perfectly :) Sorry for been so slow to say thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 smb_115

crosstownk wrote: »

i tried this on my 07 octavia 1.7tdi PD Classic and it worked perfect first time :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 vikes

hi guys could anyone help me to sort out my prob, i bought a car 01 octavia, and i found tht speedometer is half working,( meter which shows us our speed not working) someone know wht is the prob nd how to sort out this, pls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

vikes wrote: »
    hi guys could anyone help me to sort out my prob, i bought a car 01 octavia, and i found tht speedometer is half working,( meter which shows us our speed not working) someone know wht is the prob nd how to sort out this, pls

Best thing to do is start a new thread. This one is 3 years old.

SARASON wrote: »
    Best thing to do is start a new thread. This one is 3 years old.

oh thnx but thats the problem i juz register it today and i dont know how to start new thread!! sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

vikes wrote: »
    oh thnx but thats the problem i juz register it today and i dont know how to start new thread!! sorry

Go out of this page in to motors and almost at the top left of the screen you will see a button with new thread on it.

ok thnx ill try it , thnx very much

SARASON wrote: »
    Go out of this page in to motors and almost at the top left of the screen you will see a button with new thread on it.
    yes thnx i got it!!! thnx for ur help sir!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement