Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddys Day Parades

Options
  • 05-03-2007 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of parades?
    There is one in Navan btw.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

One in Oldcastle probably, a few old tractors, the girl guides and don't forget Milbrook Foods and Respa Beds lorrys also. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

the one in ardee is decent, fairly standard with a few fun floats popping up every so often, i've never been to another parade though so i dunno, am at the drinking in the pub stage t that time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Archeron

We got a flyer in the door advertising the St Patricks day fun in Kells. If you look on the back of the flyer, there are three or four pictures of people having fun, children with faces painted etc. If you look closely though, one of the pictures shows a car on its roof with a broken windscreen and two firemen beside it. I wonder if thats part of the attraction? Maybe thats what happens later when the pub shuts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Maybe I'll go to the Oldcastle one and then to Kells but the excitement would be too much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

They are trying to organise a raft race in Trim this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Archeron wrote:
    one of the pictures shows a car on its roof with a broken windscreen and two firemen beside it. I wonder if thats part of the attraction? Maybe thats what happens later when the pub shuts :)

might that have been a fire brigade demonstration, i heard of them doin demo's at things like paddy's day parades before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Found this in the tourism website for Drogheda:

Route - Assemble Bolton Square and Bolton Street via Fair Street , Peter Street , Shop Street , North Quay ending on the Mall.( Change in normal route due to recontruction work on West Street)

Anyone know what time this in on? am/pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Puddles

It's normally around 12pm in Drogheda...but West st is in a mess at the mo...
    The route has been changed...not sure about the time

The one in Ardee is on at 3pm

Advertisement