Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer keeps shutting off

Options
  • 05-03-2007 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hi I bought two computers off adverts and my m8 mixed and matched the hardware to make one great pc and 1 ok one plus he swapped the cases. The problem is I started installing daemon tools on the ok one and it froze so I rebooted and started playing a game and the computer froze again so I rebooted again and put a film on to see if it would freeze it didn't so I decided to reinstall the operating system unfortunately it turned off before I could reinstall the operating system tried doing an upgrade but same result. The problem is no matter what I do it either freezes or turns off even a system restore didn't work.
    If anyone can help me please please do.
    Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,022 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

when it boots up go into the BIOS menu and get a readout of the CPU temp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

I did that and it turns out the heatsink covering the fan was matted in dust I cleaned it as best I could and it's working now thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,022 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Try to clean it at least once every other month ;) those things can get nasty. thats one of those times to break out the vacuum cleaner and air-can.

Advertisement