Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bjork Album in May!

Options
  • 04-03-2007 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

"Musical innovator Björk releases her next studio album ‘Volta’ on May 7th 2007.

‘Volta’ is Björk's sixth studio album and follows the release of ‘Medúlla’ in 2004.

Featuring ten brand new and original tracks ‘Volta’ is entirely written and produced by Björk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

good job on the copy and paste
    congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

Just bringing across the info without any crap added.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

bjork=yech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

I can't wait to hear it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I had heard she was collaborating with Timbaland on this album - could be interesting if true. I didn't manage to make it all the way through her last one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

Here's some more info for any fans.
    Non-fans can just send bjork hate-mail. No point telling me, I couldn't really give a farg. :confused: hmm :rolleyes:
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to the album. I like her music and like the way she doesn't feel the need to conform entirely to mainstream thinking etc, very individual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Featuring ten brand new and original tracks ‘Volta’ is entirely written and produced by Björk.

In the role of producer Björk has brought in various other musicians to work on her songs and ‘Volta’ features some of her most interesting collaborations so far with Antony Hegarty (Antony And The Johnsons) singing on two tracks, and Timbaland (Jay-Z, Missy Elliot etc) working with Björk on beats that she created for three further songs.

Other artists that feature on ‘Volta’ include electronic pioneer Mark Bell of LFO and two unique drummers – Chris Corsano (the improvisational drummer who has worked with Sonic Youth amongst others) and Brian Chippendale from Lightening Bolt.

Björk also brought in two acclaimed African artists for ‘Volta’ - Toumani Diabate, the Malian kora player and Konono No1 the experimental band from The Congo who won a BBC World Music Award in 2006. She has also put together her own 10 piece female brass section of Icelandic musicians who play on three further tracks. Meanwhile Chinese pipa expert Min Xiao-Fen plays on one song."

So it read! And now we can start counting down: One, 2, three, four, 5, ...... etc.

Visit bjork.com

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

Looking forward to hearing something a bit more "fun" from her, as this is described.. Medulla was an arresting listen with some great tunes but a lot of it was quite hard work, and I haven't come back to it as often as her other stuff. The percussive slant to this new one sounds like it could be interesting.

Advertisement