Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing a Dvd Drive

Options
  • 04-03-2007 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

i picked up a dvd burner the other day and i went to install it today, but when i went to take off the cover of the tower i realised that the b*astards at dell have used studs instead of screws to secure the cover - anyone any ideas how i get the dvd burner installed now ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Is this the side cover now?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Most newer dells you don;t need screws to open they open like a book ..i guess thats a way to explain it...they normally have buttons you press in at the top and bottom on of the case.
    If one side comes off with screws and the other doesn't ...then you should be able to take out the drives with out taking off the other side. Depends on your pc there should be some clips or else you just unscrew the screws on the drive and they slide out as they only have a couple of screws in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mcgrailg

yeah its the side cover, i'll check it tonight to see if there are any clips to open it. the pc is a year old if that helps

Advertisement