Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending a large file

Options
  • 04-03-2007 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi, I was just wondering how would you send a large file? I already zipped it and it comes to 750mb. I tried sending it as an attachment to an email but it's too big! Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭NANOJO

hi you could use this program it allows files up to 1gb

http://www.pando.com/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if it's multimedia then it won't compress much no matter what you do, unless you re-encode it at a lower resolution/lower audio quality

otherwise www.7-zip.org is much better than winzip

otherwise you could post a CD, if the recipient is on dial up that would be faster

in any event check what can be removed - do you need to send it all

first find out what's the biggest email the other person can receive, remember attachments grow by 1/3 so you can only send 3/4 of the maximum size

( 6 bytes in a file get encoded to 8 bytes in an email )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Have a look here.

Advertisement