Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM of Doom

Options
  • 04-03-2007 6:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey People,
    I'm making up a new rig and was wondering how people decide on which RAM to go for I'd like some fairly fast stuff and of course there is plenty of choice and I was wondering how people decide which company to go for. Obviously we have Corsair, OCZ, Crucial and so on but what are peoples experiences with various companies are there and major practical differences it'd be nice to know before I spend 500 quid on the stuff.

Opinions anyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Personally I prefer OCZ - since I've always had great experiences with them, and their support forums are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Personally I'd go with Crucial always reliable in my experience.

Low latency stuff is really just a luxury and doesn't make that much of a difference with DDR-2 unless your out to win synthetic benchmarks.

I'd prioritise capacity over everything else e.g get 2GB DDR-2 of anything which is really what makes the most difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Sound thanks for the feedback I know a good bit about how it all works (or at least I think I do) but how well it does what it says in the real world is always a bit different. I'm actually in the UAE and some of the prices for stuff are great No Tax :) It's Gonna Be Great

TWIN2X2048-6400C4
    DDR2, XMS2-6400 2x128Mx64non-ECC 240 DIMM, unbuffered, 4-4-4-12, 64Mx8 DRAMs, E.P.P. Technology, matched pair, with Heat Spreader

for like 200 euro form the shop, Gonna have to sly on this for these and make sure it is what it says it is from the box.

Advertisement