Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell E228wfp 22" Lcd

Options
  • 03-03-2007 9:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=88221

Does anyone have this LCD as yet?...i've read various forums and review sites, but would like opinions from Irish owners.

For the price it seems like a sweet deal, but is their anything else in the 22" range that has a better spec/screen quality?

I hear about the Samsung 22"...the new one, but stock is not available as yet.

Thing is, with DELL they are based in Ireland + have 3 year warranty + collect and return etc.

If you get a duff monitor from Overclockers/Dabs/Kompett etc. they expect YOU to pay for shipping the item back to them + huge round trip waiting time etc.

So take me through the benefits of DELL, convince me :)
    Tis a pity the 24" is €700 more expensive :eek:

I'd seriously consider it if i could guarantee a revision A04 from DELL, but €700 could buy me another 22" DELL's :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Don't have one but there is nothing wrong with it from looking at the specifications but a user review on the widescreen gaming forum reveals a little more worth while info - basically some banding and colours not quite right out of the box but this can be corrected & are there are some suggested settings in the thread.

Such as:
    Con: 85
    Bri: 60
    Red: 91
    Gre: 92
    Blu: 93

Another user review on [H]ardOCP as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I've had several LCD's from Dell...from a 17" to 19" and now a 24" 2405.

All have been great units and the three year swap out warranty is a bonus. If you can get them while on special offer they are also good value.

Advertisement