Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unmountable boot drive error

Options
  • 03-03-2007 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I got this error this morning on my Dell Inspiron 1300 lappy. Told be to reboot but to no avail, the machine is refusing to boot, not even in safe mode.

What is this error? I take it there is no way to boot up to recover data and I will be forced to reinstall the OS?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

sounds like you may have to reinstall the os
    link below might help a bit
    http://www.5starsupport.com/xp-faq/1-7.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

This has come up a few times here before I think, see the article here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks, I tried that but to no avail. :( Had to bite the bullet and reinstall the OS. 20 Gb of data down the tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

Hi can anyone help? I 'm having the same error coming up when i turn on my laptop. The only thing is i didnt get a reboot disk (or whatever you call it!!) with my laptop?

Does anyone know where i can get one or anywhere in town i could bring my laptop who would be able to fix it on the spot on at least that day?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Then you are in trouble. You need the xp disk which you don't get with a Dell. If it is a dell pressing ctrl and f11 on starting will restore the OS but all your data and settings will be erased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Boot into recovery console and type fixboot then enter ...it asks are you really sure press y or n press y for yes then restart your pc this works almost 100% of the time for me

Advertisement