Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting history

Options
  • 03-03-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm a little green with the computer. When I am searching google, and when someone else goes on after me, if they type any letter in the search engine, all the sites that were looked up beginning with that letter comes up. It was a bit embarrising when my neice was able to find out that I was looking up breasts when she was looking for barney!!!

How do I delete what I was looking up on the search engine?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

:eek: What browser are you using? For Internet Explorer go to Tools->Internet Options and down to Clear History (similar option for IE 7).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Also clear saved form information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

a good program that will clear your history,autocomplete form, and many other incriminating things is http://www.download.com/CCleaner/3000-2144_4-10634975.html?tag=lst-0-1
    just run that after your done looking up breasts again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Content > Auto Complete > Clear Forms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

You can turn off your history in options of any of these programs.

If its Firefox and the Google toolbar then you can click the google logo to get to the options for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Hi all,

I'm a little green with the computer. When I am searching google, and when someone else goes on after me, if they type any letter in the search engine, all the sites that were looked up beginning with that letter comes up. It was a bit embarrising when my neice was able to find out that I was looking up breasts when she was looking for barney!!!

How do I delete what I was looking up on the search engine?

Cheers.

How to clear your Browsing History from both the Google search bar & IE7

For Google:

Just click on the small black down arrow next to the "G" in the Google search bar. googlepp5.jpg

Then choose the "View History" option.
    In there you will see the option to clear the search bar history.

For IE7:

You can get to it by clicking on "Tools" & choosing the "Delete Browsing History" option at the top of the drop down list.
    In the Browsing History section click on the "Delete" button.
    Then click on the "Delete History" button.

- OR -

Click on "Tools"
    Click on "Internet Options"
    In the Browsing History section click on the "Delete" button
    Then click on the "Delete History" button.

Note: IE7 has the "Menu Bar" turned off by default, if yours is off you can turn it on
    by clicking on the little black down arrow beside "Tools"
    toolsvp4.jpg

Then click on "Menu Bar"

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement