Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What polish to use?

Options
  • 03-03-2007 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My ball is looking a bit dull now and was thinking of getting it polished. Any suggestions on what the best polish to use. I see that some manufacturers polish depends on the lane conditions but I'm just looking for something all-purpose.

Could I just use furniture polish?

Also was wondering would polishing one half of the ball have any effect on trajectory down the lane (akin to scuffing one side of a cricket ball)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I wouldn't use furniture polish as some of the constituents can damage your ball, depending on the contents and depending on your ball type (polyester, urethane, reactive urethane).

Ebonite do one that is suitable for all lane conditions and all types of ball. Not sure about where you can get this in Ireland...in fact that's a whole new thread :D

Depending on where you bowl (and how often you bowl there), they may actually polish your ball for you. When I worked in Superdome we used to polish/sand/clean bowling balls for the regulars all the time. That was a long time ago though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

What make is your ball? Is it a resin based?

I've always used an application of a "T-cut" based fliud to polish my Balls (bowling that is:o ). It is important that the ball is fully clean of dirt. It might be an idea to have it done by someone professionally. Again you could give Del Delaney a ring in Alsaa bowl. He will bring the balls surface back to what it should be and then you can clean the ball yourself with an application depending on the usage you give the ball.

Advertisement