Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasing contents of dvd-rw taking ages!!!

Options
  • 03-03-2007 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

When trying to clear dvd-rw's,I use Nero Vision and it takes almost 35 minutes to delete the contents of one dvd.Is there anything that I could use that would erase the contents of each dvd-rw in a fraction of the time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

a fraction of the time?
    1138588773034_DSC05096.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

FuzzyLogic one day ban for unhelpful posting as per the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

using dvd decrypter, you can choose either a quick erase or a full erase, I imagine other programs have similar functionality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

A tad off-topic maybe...as well as unhelpful...but with DVD R discs so cheap I have never seen the point of DVD RW.

Anyways...if you are using Nero it should have a 'quick erase' function that merely erases the file structure not the files. It is normal for Nero to take 30 mins or so to do a full erase of a disc...files and file structure.

Advertisement