Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What server or realm are you guys on?

Options
  • 03-03-2007 7:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

im new to world of warcraft i only started playing a few days ago.
    What server are all you guys on so i can join in and play with all you irish people i have been trying to find out what realm i should play on because i want a realm with loads of population and all you guys cause we are all irish.

Just need to know what realm and i will join you guys.........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kriz212

thanks for the reply,it seems that according to that forum link that everyone is really spread out with no real main server or popular server,its going to be tuff to make a choice cause i would hate to level up to 60 only to find out that the realm im in has a low population and everyone else is doing great wars and raids in another realm.
    There doesnt seem to be any guide on the net to tell me what realm all the action goes on in.
    If anyone reading this is in a good irish guild then please let me know if your willing to take me onboard,as i would like to start playing this with some irish guys or english guys,just so long as you speak proper english.
    And if anyone has any more tips on what realm would be a good choice then please let me know A.S.A.P thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

lots of irish on Outland both horde and alliance.

There was an irish guild on jadenar, not sure if its still active.

no idea on the rest

i have decided to join outland as of six hours ago,so its a good thing and a relief that you just mentioned outland in ur reply cheers guys for the help if anyone else reading this plays in outland ,let me know when your online and even mention what guild your in .Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You're better off starting on a low pop realm anyway. By the time you hit 60 (or 70) it'll be a med pop or high pop realm with plenty of decent guilds there. I'm on Moonglade myself - for over a year now - Was lowpop when I started but now full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Theres no specific realm where 'all the action' is taking place. Decide for yourself what type of realm you want to play in... PvE servers are slightly faster to level up in and PvP is more action packed, supposedly.

Unfortunately, most people here who have been playing long enough and are at 70 (or close to it) would be in raid guilds, and their guilds wouldnt invite you until you are 70 yourself and possibly attuned to places like Karazhan. Every server has nice, friendly levelling up guilds, but on the high-pop realms, these are filled with alt characters of people in raiding guilds. As someone said before, pick a realm that has a low to medium population (can anybody recommend one?), so that as you are levelling up, you will be playing alongside people who should be in the same boat as you.

As for english speaking guilds; As long as you don't go crazy and roll a character on a spanish/french/german realm, etc, almost every guild will be english speaking, as you will be on an english speaking server. The non-english speaking guilds are easy to spot (i.e. Danish Vikings, Hungarian Hippos) but you can always ask beforehand. My old guild and present raiding guild is mostly filled with scandinavian people (our guild master is norwegian, 3 officers are finnish) and all have perfect english, but as expected, don't understand my D'Unbelievable references.

And for the record... I'm on terenas, which was medium-pop when I joined, and 6 months later, was full, with login queues up to 250 people long. It was around that time that Blizzard opened up a few spanish servers and 3 raiding guilds all migrated to those servers. Ever since then, its still rated as high-pop, but theres never any queues to log in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Come to Jaedenar and send a mail to Reviler im in an Irish guild called "The Dark Brotherhood" we arent all irish but theres 8 or 9 of us.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i be on Jaedenar too, nice server, tho recently has gone pants IMO, find the newest server anf join that , thats your best bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

Runetotem!:D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Main (70 human pally) -> Kilrogg
    Alts (15 orc shaman, 15 BE paladin) -> Burning Steppes

• Advertisement

thanks for the help guys,i have decided on Outland and im pretty happy cause theres a lot of activity and a good few irish people.But if im not happy there a few months down the road i can always pay for a realm transfer,so no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

jadenar is ****ing awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

Darksorrow
    main >> Skillgannon

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

Kriz212 wrote:
    thanks for the help guys,i have decided on Outland and im pretty happy cause theres a lot of activity and a good few irish people.But if im not happy there a few months down the road i can always pay for a realm transfer,so no worries.

Did you go Horde or Alliance? And what is/are your char names?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Crónhóle

Please someone tell us wat factions ? I need an irish guild

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Saferon 70 Belf Pally Eonar

Sweetivy 62 Gnome Lock Bloodfeather

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Got a 31 Draenai Hunter (cryos)
    and a 26 human Mage (Creyla)

Both on Argent Down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Crónhóle

Cronhole lvl 68 Human paladin, Twisted Nether

Cronhole lvl 20 Orc Warrior, Frostmane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Generious Lvl70 Ne Rogue => Eonar
    Buffys Lvl70 Dran Shaman => Eonar

Both in one of the top raiding guilds on our server.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mindtrap 37 Terenus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Slay

Goorahl 70 Human Warlock
    Negatron 69 Doorf Priest

2yrs on Stormrage realm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

70 Undead mage emeriss
    70 BE pally emeriss

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

66 Night Elf Warrior (Nagrand EU Server)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

Mac daddy wrote:
    Generious Lvl70 Ne Rogue => Eonar
    Buffys Lvl70 Dran Shaman => Eonar

Both in one of the top raiding guilds on our server.

what guild are u in? im on Eonar as well in GaelicKnights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Outland, 70 Warlock, 60 rogue (RIP), 30 hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

55 Human Warlock on Agamaggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

ZygOte wrote:
    what guild are u in? im on Eonar as well in GaelicKnights

If your on eonar you should know ;)
    I was in Destiny - Wrath - current Peons

Tell sindalar i said Hi pretty sure he is in the same guild as you now, we have another paddy in peons now called celticmight nice guy aswel.

Advertisement