Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting furniture made

Options
  • 01-03-2007 8:34pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭

i've been looking for a corner unit for a TV and DVD player for a while, and haven't had any success - what i want is a simple hardwood unit, but they're surprisingly rare - it seems that what you're expected to go for is a silvery yoke which came with your telly.

failing being able to find one, does anyone have any recommendations about where i should go to get an idea i have in my head made up? it's quite a simple idea, but i am led to believe having furniture made is not a cheap venture.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭boysie39

Hi, Magic I'm sure if you go to the who's who of this site you'll find somebody to contact.I'm sure that if ther not over run with work they would be only too delighted to help you out (for a price of course). Especially if the are to work with you on the design. Check out the profiles, but maybe somebody will check the threads and make some suggestions. Best of luck Boysie 39

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Hi I could make you one of these if you want? I can design it to your specifications and design and choice of timber! PM me if you would like me to make this for you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,545 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

well, i was hoping to make it from (i think) ash - i want to match it to a coffee table which i'm 90% sure is ash.
    would be looking at a top which is triangular (90/45/45) with rounded corners, and the diameter of the rounding matching three round legs flush with the corners (a couple of inches in diameter), and another shelf underneath that of the same size. all about a foot tall. is that easily achievable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Ya that would be no problem what so ever at all. I'v sent you a PM so check your inbox. It has all my details etc.

Advertisement