Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nortons GO BACK

Options
  • 01-03-2007 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭

I am having a problem with Nortons go back on my windwso xp dell pc. Basically the pc won't boot into windows. Everytime I power it on it gives an error messages 122 & 141. When I try to in boot inot windows or safe mode it immediately restarts after about 20 secs. I have tried to disable the nortons go back to no avail. I managed to log in using the recovery console and ran a check disk which didn't make things better. This problem is driving me nuts. Would anyone have a fix.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Did this problem only occur after you installed Norton Go Back or as a result of trying to use it to restore your PC?

I have no respect for Norton software anymore since using his Firewall and Virus scan some time back and finding out the hard way that they're just brutal. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Go Back that's fscking up your system now.

If you can't get into safe mode then there's not a lot of options left. What I'd try to do is re-install Windows, overwriting the current installation, but without formatting the disk. This will not result in loss of data or anything. But, since this is a Dell you more than likely don't have the Windows installation disk, only Dells crappy restore feature which will format the disk resulting in loosing everything.

If you can get an XP install disk you should be able to do this, then use your own installation serial number which should be stuck to the PC case somewhere.

Advertisement